Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
highlander

D3 Alpha and E3 tech demo. Are they the same or no?

I was reading the rules and FAQ on here and noticed that there was mention of an Alpha AND the E3 tech demo and I got confused. I always thought the E3 tech demo WAS the alpha and viseversa. I have seen the E3 demo which had the pinky bathroom cutscene and a couple other maps but what does the Alpha contain?

Can someone here clarify what the differences between the 2 are?

Let's hope D3 is out in February but I have a feeling it will be April or May '04.

Thanks.

Highlander

NO they are not the same, The Alpha Misses out a lot of stuff that the e3 Demo had,

and the alpha had way more bugs, its not the same

The alpha appears to have more bugs because the bugs weren't visible in the E3 demo since the player deliberately avoided them.

There are minor differences, like the aforementioned keypad code. Also it appears some files are missing from the leaked alpha; for example, only the first part of the three-level demo sequence is included. But yes, they are essentially the same.

I have a feeling that the alpha levels are going to be in the final product too...since they didn't get rid of them in the officially released trailer, but anyways what do I know?

999cop said:

I have a feeling that the alpha levels are going to be in the final product too...since they didn't get rid of them in the officially released trailer, but anyways what do I know?

It's possible they have kept some areas within those levels, but altered the crap out of the rest, but what do I know? I haven't played the Alpha (so I don't recall the full layout of the maps) and I haven't seen the trailer other than a few screenshots.

But I can always use basic assumptions :-)

Throwing away early work doesn't make as much sense today as it used to. It's one thing when rooms are squares that can be created in a few seconds, but a different thing entirely when a room can take several hours to build.