Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Merge maps

How can I do to insert rooms from diferent maps into one?
I'm making a level, and I'd like to use rooms from two older maps that made.

Heh.

I'm using Deth, I suppose that it can't do that.
I'm just looking for this, so the editor that has the easiest way is the one that I'm looking for.

I use DCK. What I do is first, open up a map. Then go to sector mode and select what I want to copy. Then press Ctrl-Ins to copy it. Then open up a new map and hit Ins to paste it. After that I can merge it into the map. Sometimes, I'd just put it aside and use it as a reference to duplicate that particular room.

Now I remember DCK, yes, I loved that editor, but I can't make it work anymore. Do you know any other?

BTW Ichor, how is going Carnage Galore 3? This is for the last hubs, but did you though include D'Sparil as one of the sub-bosses? And what about a totally new boss, may be a fourth Serpent Raider, or the father/creator of the Serpent Raiders, or something like "The Serpent Lord", I'm sure that you have the skills for doing that.

I'm almost finished with the second hub now, and I'll release it once I've tested it enough and I'm confident that there aren't any bugs. There will still be 3 more hubs to do after this one, though. As for D'Sparil he will be there somewhere, but I've added a few...surprises. The final boss won't have anything to do with the Serpent Riders. In fact, because Raven fouled up the story so much with Hexen 2 and that Chronicle of Deeds, I will have to try to fix it somehow. I have a few ideas though.

DeePsea, DoomBuilder and WadAuthor can all copy parts of other levels over to another level. All can do it like DCK did - copy the part in the level you want, open up the level to receive and then paste.

There are other ways: like make a prefab out of the area(s) and then just importing those for DS and DB.