Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

fix that nasty WINME DOS prob

well i found a neat fix for the winme lack of DOS. I tested it on doom and a few other games and it works fine. it is a DOS clone and it does it very well, i dont really see a difference in use. well here u go www.freedos.com
it is a very nice thing to get if u want a true DOS and if u have windows me. i would sudgest getting the mini pac because that is all u need

Then there's 4dos, which is a lot better than dos. I've been using it since back in the days of the 486. It's shareware. Ah... no need for doskey. You can colorize everything. You can take shortcuts in your typing. You can do anything. Beautiful program.

http://www.jpsoft.com/

And all you have to do is make a shortcut to 4dos.com to have it open in a window.

I have "win98 dos" (i copied it off a win98 boot disk) on my DOS partition which I use for running things that win2k cant handle. I might give it a try though, it looks good. Thanks.

Yup, 4DOS all the way.

Been using it since 486 (maybe even 386) days too. Apart from a brief period of using NDOS, which was just a badged version of 4DOS bundled with the Norton Utilities.

Sooo much more flexible than command.com