Freedoom site redesign

new site structure  

24 members have voted

1. 1. new site structure

• good
    • bad
    • my name is boris and I am very upset that you plan to abandon my design

Hi all,

I've been thinking of redesigning the Freedoom site. The site as it is at the moment I feel gives a feeling of "information overload", so I'd quite like to simplify it down a bit.

I've drafted up a page here with my idea for the new structure to the site. What do people think of this?

At the same time, it would be nice to have a new look to the site. If there are any good web developers who would be interested in designing the look for the new site I'd be interested to hear.

Yeah, the current design sucks. The new structure looks good to me, cutting down the menu to half the size might help to not confuse people who're not too familiar with Doom ("WTF is a Deutex tree supposed to be???").

i think the changelog should be one of the front pages so that people can check out whats new

Boris from "Goldeneye". But seriously, I really wouldn't mind a redesign...the current one is confusing.

I personally have no problems with the site's current design, although, as suggested earlier, a fusion of the home/news section and the changelog would be nice.

Apparently there are five members on this forum whose name is Boris, who've all contributed to the current design.

Remarkable.

Jon is working on a freedoom redesign apparently, he's lost his doomworld pass so he said to pass it on.

Erm yes I am working on a redesign and it is going well. Details soon!

mewse said:

i think the changelog should be one of the front pages so that people can check out whats new

I'm glad at least one suggestion came out of the confusion... erm yes, I think I'll look into that.

I dunno. Most of it is done by now, and we go by 'release early, release often'. I might have preliminary upload this weekend. Don't get too excited - its about function not about style (so it won't have a flash intro page or any crap like that)

http://www.jwz.org/gruntle/design.html