Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EarthQuake

Dehacked Question

I'm transforming the chainsaw into another gun and I've gotten everything fixed the way i want it to work. The only set back is that my firing frames are not lighting up. Okay, so I thought, I'll just hit the "lit" checkbox and maybe that will help. That makes the whole damned sprite light up and really doesn't look too good.

Is there any way to create a muzzleflash in dehacked (I'm using WhackEd2) that overlays the firing frames? E.g. the pistol and chaingun

EDIT: I've been reading this for the past 30 minutes or so, but I't not really helping me out. It seems as if the chainsaw is the odd egg.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13095&highlight=dehacked+chainsaw

There's two code pointers that light an area up (two different levels of brightness) and one that returns light level back to normal.

Is there any way to create a muzzleflash in dehacked (I'm using WhackEd2) that overlays the firing frames? E.g. the pistol and chaingun

Have a look at the PSF sprites -- they're the actual muzzle flash overlays for the pistol sprite. In the weapons editor there is a thing called the muzzle flash state for a weapon which is supposed to hold such a sprite.

I think you misunderstood my question or I wasn't clear enough.
It is possible to have muzzleflash sprites overlay the chainsaw fireing frames?

The chainsaw by default doesn't have an overlay muzzleflash sprite, so I would like to know if it was possible to add one.
Does the code pointer WeaponFlash have anything to do with this?

I believe so... There's 2 entries for shooting... Weapon Shoot and Weapon Firing. Weapon firing is the sprites laid over the the shooting sprites. I don't see why you couldn't theoretically do this for the chainsaw.

Of course that's possible, it's just as I stated. There's a field called Muzzle flash state in the weapons editor. This is empty for the chainsaw, but you can easily fill it with a state that you modified to be a chainsaw muzzle flash or whatever.

Well, the code pointers that make the area bright don't call any muzzle flash frames anyway. I have used them to convert the chainsaw into a taser type weapon that lights up the area when the trigger is pulled.

I haven't tried it myself, but you might try code pointer 60 (GunFlash) in your firing sequence. I *think* that calls the muzzle flash. Just make sure you define one and allocate it to the weapon as the "Firing Frame" under F4 weapons in dehacked.

Much appreciated ^_^

Thanks guys for all the info and special thanks to exile, I didn't realize that in the weapon editor that thing called "muzzleflash state" was what I wanted.
I can't wait to show you guys what I've done ^_^

Okay, now i've got an issue with the sound. It's only minor though...
Whenever the firing frame plays, dspistol plays, but it seems sort of cut off right before it ends. Putting a long delay on the frames don't seem to help any.

Nevermind, it had to do with the delay on the Refire code pointer.