Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

yayhooray new map!

First, this map is slopey. Really slopey. Since it started life as a demo wad, I can understand that.

Now, architecturally speaking, I find the "rock windows" very odd. They don't look bad, they just don't make sense to me. Then again, it's not like Doom is supposed to make sense... So overall, they look good, so what the hey.

The "pit" with the shotgun in the beginning looks very good, but in practice I found it difficult to actually retrieve the weapon. Also, the horizonally-split doors are very attractive, but they cut off demons (and others) from persuing you.

I found it fairly difficult on the medium setting, but I'm no expert player.

This wasn't meant to be ultra-hard, as even I can beat it on UV, but it may give a few a run for their money. :) And, yes there are difficulty settings implemented. (I'm just not sure how well)

Giomancer said:

Now, architecturally speaking, I find the "rock windows" very odd. They don't look bad, they just don't make sense to me. Then again, it's not like Doom is supposed to make sense... So overall, they look good, so what the hey.

STONE and STONE 2 go well together.

The "pit" with the shotgun in the beginning looks very good, but in practice I found it difficult to actually retrieve the weapon. Also, the horizonally-split doors are very attractive, but they cut off demons (and others) from persuing you.

I should make that a bit shallower.

My 2c:

I found it to be a rather enjoyable map. Attractive architecture to be sure. I found the "39" texture (RED2) to be rather odd though.

First run I had some ammo issues, but I think that'd go away in a few more tries. Health was timely found when I needed it. Monster placement seemed natural, crowded sometimes, but nothing of concern.

My only real criticism, needs a map02. ::nudge::

LilWhiteMouse said:

My only real criticism, needs a map02. ::nudge::

I'll give it some thought. I had fun with this. Now I just have to find scuba so he can do slopes. :P

Nice map. Not too hard, and looked nice too. Ammo and health balance was overall quite good, but I thought ammo got a bit too tight at the end. I think I would have faired even worse ammo-wise if I hadn't found the chainsaw secret... Had to take the last few hit points off the second baron with it too. But other than that I really liked it.

I played the abydian demo a while back. Theme-wise I thought it was really nice, but I found the ammo balance way off. I ran out really quickly, and I also got a bit bored of the time it took to shoot those new barons (at least I think they were based off the barons) with the (gun based off the) shotgun. Thought they could have done with having a few less HP.

Well I tried it but then realized it required zdoom which I don't have and can't bother with attempting installing right now.

I have an unfinished wad I made using wadauthor. The "architecture" is based on an idea I had about overlapping shapes... I placed sectors on top of eachother in interesting overlapping ways (but since they overlapped, the linedefs weren't all connected correctly, then used this as a guide to meticulously building the result (with all the small subsectors created from overlapping). Then I placed copies of this around irregularly. There's no exit and only 6 monsters (but pretty hard to kill them all). If you have something that will work on legacy we can trade for fun- contact me at iannollAThotmailDOTcom.

(grr, you better write and reply to messages here quickly or the messageboard will log you out in like 5 minutes. Does that happen to everyone else?)