Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warlock_user

Most under rated game?

Mario Bros. (No, i'm not talking about super mario, i'm talking about the original one)

nightmare, forgive me if i'm misinterpreting, but are you saying halo is a ripoff of a game you've never played? how the hell would you know, then?

baldy, the cutscenes are skippable.

yes, i loved halo.

Liam the Bard said:

nightmare, forgive me if i'm misinterpreting, but are you saying halo is a ripoff of a game you've never played? how the hell would you know, then?

I guess he read or heard about it. You know, acquiring knowledge from others. It's the basis for civilization.

h4r h4r

you're right of course, although if i was speaking about something like that based on word of mouth, i would've noted it in my original post

Well besides the obvious visual similarities (try comparing screenshots for the two games), there's the fact that all of Halo's major selling points were in Tribes 2 first:

- Huge outdoor landscapes with semi-realistic terrain
- Massive battles in said landscapes
- Seamless transition from outdoors to indoors and visa versa
- Sci-Fi setting
- Heavy multi-player focus
- Driveable vehicles
- Lots of different game types

I know Tribes 2 has all of these despite never playing it from various reviews, articles, etc I've read.

Both also have a single player mode which is (apparently in Tribe 2's case, and IMHO in Halo's) inferior to the multi-player mode (though in Halo at least it's not much better :P).

NiGHTMARE said:

Both also have a single player mode which is (apparently in Tribe 2's case, and IMHO in Halo's) inferior to the multi-player mode (though in Halo at least it's not much better :P).

For T2, single player amounts to a small set of training missions that prepare you for the multiplayer portion, so this is quite accurate (and as such, highly unimpressive). It's the newbie's introduction, no more, no less.

I liked halo... it may have been ugly at many points and pretty linear and there were like six kinds of enemies and the weapons were amazingly standard and pretty uninspired, but fuck it was fun to be able to smack shit with my weapons and driving the warthog is leet and there's a ton of stuff to kill. too bad the framerate sucks it in the pc version (unless a recentish patch fixed it, I haven't played in a while)... I played mp on xbox which was a lot of fun too, even with the usual suckitude of playing an fps on a console...

Now that all these games are being mentioned, I believe that all the older games are under-rated compared to the games of now.

Graveyard Disciple said:

Doom! I know you guys know what I mean.

It wasn't underrated back in the day when it was new and shiny - everybody who ever came remotely close to computer games talked about it, so I don't think it's fair to say that Doom is underrated.

It's "underrated" nowadays, but that's perfectly natural.

Just my 0.02$

scorched earth, the first one, my god that was fun basic gameplay, too bad i cant find it anywheres that was such an awesome game....

The fact that you don't keep your weapons with passwords totally fucked that game.

dsm said:

It wasn't underrated back in the day when it was new and shiny - everybody who ever came remotely close to computer games talked about it, so I don't think it's fair to say that Doom is underrated.

It's "underrated" nowadays, but that's perfectly natural.

Just my 0.02$

Of course it is natural because nothing can be the best forever, be it graphic wise of course, because the gameplay will never change. It may be upgraded, but we as long as we play it, it will only be under-rated in the eyes of few....