Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

No wonder Duke Nukem Forever is taking so damn long...

Arioch said:

img-timeline

And eh, it's looking pretty crappy from here right about now.

Meh, I guess I am one of the few that seems to think it's gonna rock :-P

Theres a pretty good chance that if DNF ever comes out, I will buy it as long as its like the other Duke Nukems in any way. Other than that, i dont care. When it's done, it's done. Or not.

Man, I saw that video the day it came out. I was extremely impressed then. Then being the key word. The video looks very dated now and HL2 does everything that video does and looks better. Take 2 even pushed the expected release date for DNF back to mid-2005, I think DNF is a joke now.

I hope they prove me wrong though, I mean I had the same opinion of Valve until may last year when they unveiled Half-Life 2 at E3. We shall see I suppose. I mean HL2 never reached it's september date, and they've been working on it for nearly 6 years, but I'm sure it will be out this year. DNF is in it's 7th year, possibly it's 8th and 9th if the 2005 announcement comes true.

HL was delayed a year as well remember, and judging from the stolen alpha, HL2 definately needed that delay until this year, however the alpha was fun to play, and I think the full game will be fantastic.

I had forgotten I saw that video quite some time ago.
It isn't about technological marvel, it is about Duke Nukem.
I really would like this game get released.. shame..

Hmm...I've never been that much of a Duke Nukem fan, but I do remember having alot of fun playing the games. Although it seems dated, it still looks like it'd be fun to play. The octabrains look especially nice. The city reminds me of Godzilla Generations on the DreamCast. Even then, graphics aren't everything as long as it plays good. And anyone who challenges that last sentence I'll remind that is a site about Doom and most of us still play that game and seem to enjoy it.

I dunno, I'd like to see it finished. Or if it is dead, at least have what was done in the game released so we can tinker with it.

BBG said:

http://www.machinima.com/films.php?id=389

Look at how intense it is. I just saw this, which is scary that it took so long, but Goddamn, this makes me want Duke Nukem Forever soooooooo bad.

You didn't see that until now? You gotta be freakin' shitting me!

I remember downloading it a few days after it came out - thought it was pretty sweet looking.
Yeah it looks dated, but afaik, the engine they use (Unreal) can be tweaked a lot and they're probably still tweaking it to make it competitive.

I'll keep an open mind anyway.

Speaking of Prey...

Wouldn't it be awesome if 3DR were actually working secretly on it?

I can't believe that people are still caring about this. I would figure that almost everyone has mourned the loss of DNF and/or moved on by now.

...goes to Milliways to play Duke Nukem Forever for the six seconds that it's out, right before the universe ends...

I remember seeing a screen-shot in PC Gamer of DNF, it was an m-16 being fired at a helecopter.. "expected release date, nov 1998"

If DNF ever came out, it would be labelled as the biggest flop ever. It has become a victim of it's own hype...or it would've if it still existed.

the only screenshot i think ive seen of DNF was in some desert city and some redneck looking miner guy was standing in front of a water tower or something. it was a LONG time ago, and i remember it looked kinda shitty.

Duke Nukem 3D had some of the best level design I've ever seen, and I love it for that if nothing else. But of course, there's also the Space Station episode to love. :)

Goat said:

the only screenshot i think ive seen of DNF was in some desert city and some redneck looking miner guy was standing in front of a water tower or something. it was a LONG time ago, and i remember it looked kinda shitty.

That's the only one i remember too. I think i saw it in gamepro back before i visited internet gaming pages

That's honestly the first time I have seen this footage. Despite its dated looks, it still looks like it would be a really fun game to play.

Psyonisis said:

That's honestly the first time I have seen this footage. Despite its dated looks, it still looks like it would be a really fun game to play.

Well sure. The trailer beats HL2 :P
I remember seeing that trailer for the first time...it was pretty cool back then. Still is.

Grimm said:

Duke Nukem 3D had some of the best level design I've ever seen, and I love it for that if nothing else. But of course, there's also the Space Station episode to love. :)

I agree. My favourite levels are the first three in EP1, and a few in Shrapnel city. 'L.A Rumble' being my favourite from that epiosode :)

Grimm said:

I loved most of the maps that took place in city areas - but I'm sorry to say that I hated the entire Space Station episode (the music was largely to blame - hated it for some reason).

If they ever do release DNF, I hope 3dRealms have done away with those suicide droids, or at least made them less annoying - damn I hated those things.