Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Prepare for Action

"Signing up for one?" Scuba is doing this completely by himself. That's why it's SCUBA STEVE'S: Action Doom.

When can we expect a "features list" or a "To do list".
Will this be a "graphic and script mod" only, or will you code some things?
The border between scripting and coding is thin, I know. Just curious if this is going to be a port or a mod/TC.

As far as I'm aware, Action Doom won't have any scripting, but it will have coding (in the form of DEH).

Nanami said:

Actually, Scuba's getting help from me with the scripting in exchange for ZooM art.

Scuba Steve's & Nanami's: Action DooM?!

Okay, I'm just being silly, but oh well. :D

Scuba Steve said:

Everything you need to know about Action DooM can be found here

No offence, but when I see that image (and the "comming soon" text on your homepage)
I get the feeling that this is yet another "dead before beta stage" project.
I know that keeping secrets will boost the expectations and so on.
And I guess that's what you're aiming for.
But a little features list wouldn't hurt, would it?

Nanami said:

Cyb's right, Action Doom is almost finished.

I see.
Then I must appologise for jumping to conclusions.

It's just that I have been around long enough to see many many promising projects
come and go without even as much as a beta stage version.
That also includes some of my own projects that never got finished due to fading intrest.

Mind you, I can think of numerous Doom projects that were supposedly "coming soon!!!111" but never got finished. Ninja Doom, Mockery, Securiton Episode 3, the Parallel Dimension revamp, etc...

Ok, I am going to do my best not to be rude here, because I have been dealing with this sort of thing for a long time now.

To the idiots bashing Action Quake2, or any of the Action franchise: You're idiots. Step up and do better. If you can build a mod that id software includes on a comercial game pack cd, prove it. (See id's Netpack 1 Expansion: Extremities)

To the idiot that called Action Quake2 a copy cat mod. Try to actually research shit. Action Quake 2 predates most realism mods, and even predates most comercial games in that genre. It even predates CS, and in fact we had the founder of CS on our team back then.

Think before you start to bash someone elses hard work.

Oh dear, not this utterly idiotic "just because you can't do better yourself, you can't say something is crap" thing again. That's just utter nonsense, and you know it.

If we all went around thinking that, magazines would never be able to review anything, the word 'critic' wouldn't exist, and the world would basically just be a really s**ty place. Please stop it now.

Besides, ID including a mod on an official compilation is far from a guarantee of quality; virtually the opposite in fact. They already proved with the enormous amount of crap on Maximum Doom that they couldn't tell a decent 3rd-party add-on if it came along and bit them on the behind.

Ace12GA said:
To the idiot that called Action Quake2 a copy cat mod.

I think he meant that "copycat" word jokingly, as in "doom is still better".

To the idiots bashing Action Quake2

So far I haven't actually seen people point to Action Quake2 specifically. Some do bash the genre, with Action Quake2 being one of the games in that genre.

Just my 2 cents.

I think few would disagree that today's Doom mods are far superior to those made nearly 10 years ago (of which some got released commercially), some even of equal quality or better than the original games. Whether something is eligible for commercial distribution isn't a question about quality, it's purely a question of market value.

Besides, no one has bashed anything Action Quake in this thread. Ravage's calling it copycat was, as far as I can tell, a sarcastic twist to Scuba's remark.

Fredrik said:

Besides, no one has bashed anything Action Quake in this thread. Ravage's calling it copycat was, as far as I can tell, a sarcastic twist to Scuba's remark.

That is entirely true. I can't say Action Quake is crap, because in truth I've never played it.

Skübz, back to your child-labor employing sweatshop! :)