Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Apothem

Fog

How do you do fog in a sector? i know you set a texture to rrggbb but i dunno how much less where to set it if i want to make a water zone foggy (i.e. dirty water)

oh hell no, legacy sucks. im using zdoom, ive seen this technique used before in the sonic demo i just dont remember how to use it exactly. Legacy could never do what im doin

ah, give me a minute. I know a lot of Zdoom, should have an aswer in a few seconds ;)

[edit]
ok, what you need to do is set up two acs scripts. one to set the color of the dummy sector(or whatever,been a while since of donw water)and then do an acs for fog in the dummy sector. that should give you want you want. :)

The way I do it is to use 670000FF (or whatever) on the Transfer_Heights linedef's lower texture for the cloudiness of water (as seen in the sonic demo), and use an open script with Sector_SetFade (tag, red, green, blue) for fog in normal sectors. (as not seen in the sonic demo)

Apothem said:

but you see, i remember doin it without scripts, or is that just high hopes?

It is possible but a little more complicated. Scripts are definitley the recommended way to set a sector's fog or light color.