Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gokuma

The State of Union Address

Grimm said:

Yeah, that's why in most states women are entitled to half of the combined assets. Wake the Hell up, dude.

I didn't say it was legal ownership. I was saying that that, to me at least, are the implications of marriage. It's something the fraternal religions of the middle east came up with, and the common traditions are pretty male-centered. For example, the father 'gives' the bride to the groom, the bride wears virginal white because that night the groom will 'take' her virginity, etc, etc.

You are reading WAY too much into it, man. Sure, maybe that's where the origins are, but no one, no one, NO ONE thinks of it that way. You need to calm down, seriously. Women aren't going to become suddenly enslaved if you chill out about this stuff a little. :)

Danarchy, your head is in the right place. When you find a girl, she'll be happy.

Abstinence is the only certain way to prevent sexually transmitted disease ? Holy shit.

To everyone on these boards who's supposed to vote in the presidential elections this year, please vote for anyone but your current president. All I can say.

Grimm said:

And its not just the sex, in case I haven't made it clear. It's guys acting girls, talking with lisps, girls acting like guys, I don't like any of it. And I don't want to have to deal with it, ever.

You tell them Grimm!! I would like to add: I don't like:
waiting in lines. The idea of fat old ugly people having long sex without being very passionate, and with there sox on. Little children sceaming. A remote without batteries. Work, after a night full of beer. My PC not working properly. Your parents having sex (bondage!). No yougurt in the fidge

..and so on. Who cares what you like and don't like..

Grimm, I'm afraid that what you say proves that stereotypes have to be both investigated, and when they're realized to be groundless for a whole group (i.e. gays), and then abolished. Homosexuals are more than their sexual preferences. I don't know of a more considerate term for them, though, except that of people. They're just human beings like the rest of us heterosexuals. They don't come from a different planet, speak a different language or all have lisps and a desire for pink angora sweaters. They are sons, cousins, uncles, brothers and so on. Also, if you're going to be so gung-ho about lesbians because you prefer their sexual acts, then you'd best accept the same for gays. Either that or dislike both because that's hypocrisy with a capital "H" when you do that.

What the heck are you talking about with lesbians? I have the same stance on them as I do with gay men. The reference in one of my other posts to them was that I really can't use the act itself as an arguement them, since it's somewhat commonplace now. And as I said before, I don't like being against them. They're people. But they're people who made a choice, and now I must make one in response.

Also, I don't think that all gays act like their stereotypes, in case that's what you're inferring.

Mordeth said:

Well, if you can't find any homosexuals (and that IS difficult, considering they actually look about the same as everybody else) maybe you ought to try and find a black female and talk with HER about why it's bad to change definitions.

That's being a little stereotypical, because I know some black females who think that the homosexual from Laramie Wyoming deserved to be brutally murdered for his lifestyle. Of course, I'm not saying all black women are like this, but I'm also saying that some are. It doesn't really matter what race, or sex you are, there are jerks from every culture, and kind people from every culture as well.

Oh, yeah, I personally have nothing against homosexuality, or any other differences for that matter.

I think Grimm is a closet homosexual, he's far too anti-gay to be straight. And sure this is a stereotype, but homophobes have been shown to be far more likely to be homosexual, and just use homophobia as a way to deny it. Stop fighting it Grimm, you can't help who you are.

You, my friend, are an asshole. If you have nothing to contribute to a topic other than insults, stay the fuck out.

That wasn't meant as an insult, I was only trying to help. If you're a different person on the inside than on the outside, the only person you're hurting is yourself.

It's not my business what anyone does in their bedroom. However, that does not mean that I find shit-covered dicks perfectly acceptable. I won't make a big deal about it, because it's not fair to cram my feelings down their throats.

Homosexuals deserve to get married if they want to. We shouldn't restrict their legal rights because other people think they're "wrong".

I'm not so sure I'd consider it a "legal right", and mark my words, legalizing that is going to open the door to interspecies marriages, polygamy, and perhaps even child marriages. And sure, people might want to argue in favor of those, but marriage can be used to people's advantage in how they get taxed, and don't think there won't be whole groups of people trying to get married as a group just to change how they get taxed. I know I wouldn't be above it. Which is why I say, let people marry who they want, but the gov't should ignore marriaged status completely (particularly during taxation). It can easily be used in a corrupt manner, and marriage doesn't really seem like a gov't issue to me. It's a contract between one another, not with the gov't.

Psyonisis said:

It's not my business what anyone does in their bedroom. However, that does not mean that I find shit-covered dicks perfectly acceptable.

So I guess giving a girl anal is out of the question then, right?

Piece_O_Mind said:

So I guess giving a girl anal is out of the question then, right?

i wouldn't go there. meaning both the ass and that subject.

Lord FlatHead said:

Abstinence is the only certain way to prevent sexually transmitted disease ? Holy shit.

Actually, this is true. Take religion out of it and look at it logically:

Unprotected sex is how STDs are transmitted.
Protected sex has a failure rate.
NOT having sex is the only way to be absolutely sure that you won't catch an STD. Well, not absolute, as stranger things have happened, but certainly a lower rate than the failure rate of condoms and their ilk.

So if you think about it, this statement is true. Again, the only reason most people have a problem with abstinence is that it has religious connotations, and/or they live their life without regards for consequences.

Grimm said:

Pay attention if you're gonna post someplace, and don't resort to insults. That is the way of 3rd graders.

Such as yourself :P

That's the last trolling I make on here, I promise!

sargebaldy said:

i wouldn't go there. meaning both the ass and that subject.

Hehe, jess messin' with ya'll ;)

This reminds me of something clever I thought up just the other week:

"Homophobes are just homosexuals who've gone so deep into the closest that they've ended up in Narnia"

Right.

"Homophobes are just homosexuals who've gone so deep into the closest that they've ended up in Narnia"

Heh, that's good, though the validity of it is questionable . . .

sargebaldy said:

I'm not so sure I'd consider it a "legal right", and mark my words, legalizing that is going to open the door to interspecies marriages, polygamy, and perhaps even child marriages.

That's complete and utter bollox Baldy :P

Were people worried we'd be giving chickens the right to vote back in the days when women and ethnic minorities were fighitng for the right?

wait, when did women not have the right to marry? and the difference this time is, you'd be extending marriage to two parties who can't even physically reproduce together. that's quite a step.

Well, I'm sure our technology can make homosexual couples able to reproduce. The only problem is that gay men would need a host mother...

sargebaldy said:

wait, when did women not have the right to marry? and the difference this time is, you'd be extending marriage to two parties who can't even physically reproduce together. that's quite a step.

The Flange Peddler said:

That's complete and utter bollox Baldy :P

Were people worried we'd be giving chickens the right to vote back in the days when women and ethnic minorities were fighitng for the right?

;)

Lots of heterosexual couples can't or are unwilling to reproduce, for that matter.

Good point. I guess you could argue that homosexual couples can never reproduce together, but it's still a good point. :P

man, I go downtown to take care of business and when I come back I missed two good pages chock full of rants and flames.

I missed out.

GoldEyes said:

I am totally for Gay Marriage. I am very upset as Ohio is voting on a bill today that will keep the state from recognizing same-sex marriages. So all of the people who have domestic partner benefits now, will lose them if this bill passes.

That's fucking retarded :/ I know about 6 people that this will effect. I don't suppose you have a nice news link where I could read up on more info? :P

Grimm said:

I'm not sure what I'd do. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with it.

I'm afraid to think about you having kids in the first place :/