Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

Blood splats

After I made it so that blood splats would stay on the ground for a longer time, I noticed that they do not move along with rising or lowering platforms. They either stay floating above lowering platforms, or 'sink' into rising platforms. I tried setting the blood splat Thing to "solid" but that didn't work (besides getting stuck in your own blood, very dangerous :P).

Is there a way to change it so that blood splat will stay on the platforms without them sinking or floating?

Actually... I think so... I read recently (even I didn't know this) that if you set the bit "can't be hit" then it should travel with elevators. I haven't tested this yet, but tell me if it works.

The best way to solve this is to mark the blood splatter with the same flags as a normal dead body, since they travel up and down elevators.

Yes, Mordeth, you were right, the no-clipping flag solves the problem (it says 'can't be hit' in DeHackEd, but I guess they're the same). The only minor difference is that without this flag the blood splats don't 'bounce' upwards when just hit. Apply ZDOOM's LOGRAV flag for better viewing :)

Bullet puffs also have the 'can't be hit' flag. Combined with the floating flag, this makes the puffs float upwards. I wonder if the same effect can be applied to unsuspecting demons :P