Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kojak_Man

Finding a LEGAL copy of Doom

Okay, I have a friend who would like to buy a copy of Ultimate Doom and Doom2 and I'm trying to find them for him at a reasonable price. I checked Id's site but they want $25 a pop for just an encrypted download! Does anyone here know where they can be found for a more reasonable price, say $20-$40 for the both? (preferably with the original DOS executables in case he wants to do demo recordings, if I understand correctly the collector's edition only has that buggy Doom95 exec.)

Thanks

Tried eBay? I just found the ID Anthology (which includes the Dooms, Wolfenstein 3D, Quake and numerous older ID games, plus various goodies like a T-shirt, poster, etc) on the UK eBay for only £16.00 (around $25.50)

You don't need the original DOS executables for demo recording. PrBoom should be able to record 100% compatible demos (Eternity might too). And using a source port gives you a lot of other advantages.

As for your main question... not really, I'm afraid. Try ebay.

*waits for someone else to answer*

this was a good set, maybe you could find it on ebay, it was like $20 for both games and physical media.

you could bid on this auction which actually comes with the original boxed disk set, which was only available through mail order.

or for the collectors edition, this auction, or this auction for the brit version

edit: dont worry about the DOS executables, one of our forum losers has them available for download somewhere

That sounds like a fantastic deal for the id Anthology (I thought it normally went for much higher prices than that).

Failing that, buy the Collector's Editon for the iwads (the FAQ provides some useful-looking links), and download the DOS exes from Myk's site.