Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Woot

first time you met the cacodemon......

i was actually impressed and scared, on e2m1 on uv skill when i went around the corner and heard the loud hiss and turned and saw the monstrosity of the red freak, I said, omg he is so hard how will i ever beat it? that was a classic moment........

Edit: i also forgot, i only had 12 shots left in my pistol.... and i was only 8 years old...

I first saw it while playing on the SNES version. I just treated it as any other monster. Although, I was a bit nervous when that wall came down to reveal the second Cacodemon (I hadn't found the plasma gun secret yet). I had only a few shells left and little space to maneuver, so it was quite tough at the time.

The first time i met the Cacodemon, i was openign a door frmo a long hall way. I was almost scared by the hiss that it gave out. Then i got smart, and wiped out my chaingun, and pumpeded it full of led. It was pretty neet to kill it, becuase it was pretty strong for a newbi on Nightmare mode

Mr. Woot said:

i was actually impressed and scared, on e2m1 on uv skill when i went around the corner and heard the loud hiss and turned and saw the monstrosity of the red freak, I said, omg he is so hard how will i ever beat it? that was a classic moment........

The first time I saw him was in E2M3. I took my chaingun and blasted him to pulp. :-D (No, he wasn't a particularly good challenge!)

The first time I saw a cacodemon was the same day my older brother introduced me to Doom.

After playing through some of the maps in E1, I tried out some savegames left by my bro.
One of them brought me to a really strange place (somewhere in either E2 or E3 - probably E3, 'cause I had the BFG).
I played a bit in that map and came across two red, floating, one-eyed heads.
I was like "shit! these are bosses - look how tough they are!" so I pulled out the BFG and waxed 'em with it.
But lo and behold! MORE of those "bosses" showed up when I explored more of the map!

Afterwards, my brother loaded up E2M8 for me to "play" (read: die) in >:-P

The Cacodemon is, like, on DOOM's title screen. You can't most definitely be surprised by it. For real.

It was in e2m1. I had learned to strafe quite well already as I had finished e1 on UV. It wasn't a big threat, but I was amazed how many shells it took to kill it.

Heh heh, Cacodemons used to sacre the shit outta me. Then I figured out how to strafe.

dr_st said:

The Cacodemon is, like, on DOOM's title screen. You can't most definitely be surprised by it. For real.

True, but I only saw the title screen once (and the title screen dissapears again real quick-a-like) before I went into constantly playing mode over at my bro's - and I soon forgot everything (but the marine in the foreground) about the title screen.

So when I saw them for the first time ingame, it didn't dawn on me that I might have seen 'em before - not until a bit later when the game crashed and my brother had to restart Doom so I saw the title screen for the second time.

The first time I saw the Cacodemon was on the SNES version, E3M1, on Nightmare. I opened that first door and two of them flew out. I wasn't scared, but delighted, because I found a new monster out of the manual. I probably died the first time, but it didn't take long to learn I could shoot them from behind a tree and not get hit myself.

dr_st said:
The Cacodemon is, like, on DOOM's title screen. You can't most definitely be surprised by it.

---------
you can if you have 20 health, your ammo for pistol is in single digits and youre in close quarters....

first time you met the cacodemon......

G'day Mr. Cacodemon, I'm Mr. Doomguy - pleased to meet you.
*Cacodemon burbs in response

First time I saw the caco was on some map on E2, it was on the Sega Megadrive 32X version of doom, I walked around a corner saw 2 of them, heard the hiss, and instantly I ran up to my console and switched it off, I was shaking for hours and had nightmares for a few weeks :S (the 32X addon and the game were hired out so I took back the next day :P)

I played Doom 2 before I played Doom episodes 2-3. And since I used IDCLEV to check out the different levels, I really have no idea where I saw a Cacodemon first.

I too played Doom2 before the other episodes than first in Ultimate Doom, but I remember seeing the caco in the Doom shareware version, at the ad after you quit the game. I always wondered what kind of monster that would be, but strangely I don't remember the first time I killed a caco.

I treated it like any other monster when I first saw it. I think I saw it first on DOOM2, which made it a bit easier because I had a Super Shotgun.

dsm said:

"shit! these are bosses - look how tough they are!"

When I played Doom for the first time, I thought the Imp at the end of E1M1 was a boss.

fraggle said:

When I played Doom for the first time, I thought the Imp at the end of E1M1 was a boss.

O_o

I only know that my reaction was due to the fact that I was a jaded Wolfenstein 3d gamer - so everything that took above fifty bullets to kill had to be a boss :-)

fraggle said:

Dude, that imp beats me every time.

Any tips on how to get past him?

Lure him out near those barrels. When he gets close enough to one, punch the barrel a couple of times, and it will explode. Hopefully, that should kill him.

fraggle said:

I thought it was cool how (assuming ITYTD) you were first introduced to the Imp on the ledge in the zig-zag room such that you could kill it from a safe distance, only to find that behind the next door one was coming right at you for close combat.

The first time I saw the caco was in the help screen for Doom shareware. I didn't fight one until 4 years later when I registered, and by that point I wasn't too surprised by it.

First time I saw a Cacodemon was on Doom Shareware's Title screen right then and there I thought the Cacodemon was the boss of Doom, it looked like it to me; hidden in the top of the screen and looked so evil and strong. When I saw it on the order screen I thought it still, that it was the boss of doom. Then I fought one in Doom II, and laughed at myself. :P

That's exactly how Doom SHOULD have ended. MAP30 of Doom II... you teleport into a large room, faced with the largest floating ball of gass you've ever seen...

I also played Doom2 before (ultimate)Doom1. When i first met the caco i treated it like every other monster. A little ssg shot there and a rocket there.