Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weakmind

Where is the Caco? AND Does anyone know an contact information for id software

The_Tonx said:

Correction, there's a file, called "MONSTERS.DEF", that has a definition of that monster.

Unfortunatelly, since it isn't allowed to post anything from that alpha then I cannot post that file or the cacodemon part of it. Guess you have to take my word on it :)

And mine. The only notable exception I seem to remember was the PE. Which doesn't do anybody any harm.

Job said:

The caco demon won't be in Doom III. Sorry. But if you have a problem with that, go idsoftware.com]here to complain.

Curses! Caco demons rule! But this leak sounds like a friendly one.....

tails173 said:

Curses! Caco demons rule! But this leak sounds like a friendly one.....

Uh, don't worry. I was being sarcastic. The implication is that it's guaranteed that Doom III will have the caco, one of it's trademark monsters, present in the game.

Job said:

Uh, don't worry. I was being sarcastic. The implication is that it's guaranteed that Doom III will have the caco, one of it's trademark monsters, present in the game.

Wheter it is done well or not is another story. But it's ID, they should pull through and make the cacodemon feel the same as in the original doom. At least they better.

If the Caco will show up in Doom 3 it'll be rearranged so heavily that you probably won't recognize it as a Caco. A big red tomato simply wouldn't work. It's not a question of simply transferring it into Doom 3, it'll need a whole lot of restyling.

Disorder said:

If the Caco will show up in Doom 3 it'll be rearranged so heavily that you probably won't recognize it as a Caco. A big red tomato simply wouldn't work. It's not a question of simply transferring it into Doom 3, it'll need a whole lot of restyling.

They didn't restyle the Revenant an awful lot and even the pinky with its total new looks seems instantly familiar when you see a proper pic of it.
The Hell Knight is a different story, but then again, the old one was also more of a toned down Baron so restyling it for Doom 3, thus giving it more of a personality of its own, was a smart move imo.

Yes, it shouldn't be bright red, but they could still make it red and have it maintain many of its original features if they do it right.

Fredrik said:

I personally can't see why the "giant tomato" style Cacodemon wouldn't work.

It looks hilarious. He makes me laugh. Maybe some find the Caco scary and impressive, but I certainly don't. My guess is that id would have to restyle the Caco in order for him to work in Doom 3.

Disorder said:

It looks hilarious. He makes me laugh. Maybe some find the Caco scary and impressive, but I certainly don't. My guess is that id would have to restyle the Caco in order for him to work in Doom 3.

I'm actually calling it the Tomato.

Disorder said:

It looks hilarious. He makes me laugh.

He's laughing alright, but that's what makes him so scary...

Disorder said:

mmmm tomaco.... I meen tomato.

Fredrik said:

He's laughing alright, but that's what makes him so scary...

Yeaa I dont know about you guys but thats one bigass mouth with alot of teeth that I dont wanna be in lol..

Personally I am eager to see all the bigger demons in their new look. The hell knight and pinky were pretty cool designs but I'm dying to see the baron. I'm wondering if they go with the general design of the hell knight but bigger and horns or something. Or will they have a complete different design for him. And I'm probably the most excited about seeing the ol cyberdemon. I'm going out of my mind to see what they did with him. IMO he was one of the most kickass demons on the original doom series. When I hear that mechanical gimp-limp of his it really gets my heart pounding. Of course I'm interested to see the rest of the old demons and new ones as well but the cyberdemon is one I'm really anxious to see. I hope they don't go and fuck his design up. Not to say I'm unhappy with what I've seen already(except for the lost souls not to crazy about them) But I guess we will just have to see.

Demonic said:

Personally I am eager to see all the bigger demons in their new look. The hell knight and pinky were pretty cool designs but I'm dying to see the baron. I'm wondering if they go with the general design of the hell knight but bigger and horns or something.

I've got grounds to believe they went with a new design. Also, the "Doom 3: The Legacy" video showed some concept sketches which had the Hell Knight head and it also showed a demon which looked really ugly, but powerful and muscular - that unknown demon reminded me a lot of the Baron, yet it looked nothing like the new Hell Knight.

I don't hope they actually use that sketch for the Baron, because while it looked cool, it didn't have the traits I'd want the Baron to have (it didn't look even remotely like a goat and the "horns" looked truly butt-ugly imo).
It was just a concept sketch and it could've been any kind of demon - concept sketches don't always make it into actual models, so who knows?

dsm said:

The Hell Knight is a different story, but then again, the old one was also more of a toned down Baron so restyling it for Doom 3, thus giving it more of a personality of its own, was a smart move imo.

It's a very good point, and one I hadn't considered before.

I know which stetch you mean, i think that would make a good baron, but i don't want him pink though, maybe a dark red colour. To be honest i hope the baron isnt a big goat, i think it would look to cheese compared to the rest of the enemies that all look like alien incarnations.

Lectrix said:

I know which stetch you mean, i think that would make a good baron, but i don't want him pink though, maybe a dark red colour. To be honest i hope the baron isnt a big goat, i think it would look to cheese compared to the rest of the enemies that all look like alien incarnations.

Dunno, the new Archie looks pretty basic, but still looks similar to the old one and the revenant looks a lot like the old one (actually I feel this would've been a good monster to restyle - at least given it a more mummified look).
I want a Baron that has goat-like properties, but malformed (no eyes for instance, and all kinds of bizzare growths in its face) - I want variety in my enemies like in the old game; don't want all the demons to look insectoid and space-alien'esque.

That sketch just looks too much in the vein of "many-insectoid-eyed-monster", which I think is less interesting after I've seen the imp.

dsm said:

and the revenant looks a lot like the old one (actually I feel this would've been a good monster to restyle - at least given it a more mummified look).

I really like the new revenant, mostly because they haven't changed it much (comparison). I don't mind the hell knight restyle, it looks far more dangerous and hopefully won't be too similar to the baron. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished arachnotron, because the concept image was so damn cool (another comparison).

The only one I don't like so far is that stupid cherub thing. It just doesn't seem to fit in.

DooMAD said:

The only one I don't like so far is that stupid cherub thing. It just doesn't seem to fit in.

The Cherub is awesome imo - simply because it's such a controversial creature. Don't see why it doesn't fit in - it's basically like the tentacle commando: a possessed/zombiefied human that has mutated. Only the human baby has mutated considerably more.

I liked the new reventant when I first saw it - but official screens seem to have put my hopes down. It just looks rather stupid compared to the other D3 monsters (and no wonder - it was already the most retarded looking monster in Doom 2. Made me laugh when I first saw it in Doom 2).
I think it'd have benefited greatly from a more mummified look - basically the same as it is now, but with rotten flesh covering parts of its bones.

Man, that comparisions are amazing.

wich utility are you using?
I'm sure that you can make a new DOOM 1/2 spider monster, comparing the spidermastermaind and the arachnotrom (both from the vanilla game). That should rock, and retain the DOOM feel.

Vegeta said:

Man, that comparisions are amazing.

wich utility are you using?
I'm sure that you can make a new DOOM 1/2 spider monster, comparing the spidermastermaind and the arachnotrom (both from the vanilla game). That should rock, and retain the DOOM feel.

They're nothing special really. I made them with an ancient program called Morph. Combining two vanilla sprites wouldn't work very well, it would look too blocky and pixelated.

DooMAD said:

I really like the new revenant, mostly because they haven't changed it much (comparison). I don't mind the hell knight restyle, it looks far more dangerous and hopefully won't be too similar to the baron. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished arachnotron, because the concept image was so damn cool (another comparison).

Heh, those are awesome.

The second one's better than the first... I think it looks more "hilarious" than the Doom cacodemon, though.

Yeah the second one is pretty good.

What i'd like to see is a Cacodemon that normally moves slow like the Lost Soul but if it gets a good look at ya it shoots foward aiming directly for your head and then ripping it off.Possibly using it's anus like hole to release gas or something to gain speed.

It's Melee attack could use it's mouth too,I'd love to see it fly in from above and grab some guy in his mouth then fly off and devour it. Then shooting some fireballs at his other attackers below.

I'd have to agree to tone his colour down a bit,But make him more of a flesh-tone red with varying shades and such along his body.Personally I think he'd be alot scarier if he could charge at something when he needed too.

And of course make sure his eye still turns into a pentagram when he's firing his fireball.