Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thunderlord Jemanie

Wolfenstein 2000:Coming soon!!!

Thunderlord Jemanie said:

It's my first project damn it!Cut me some f*cking slack.Let me see you do something better for your first Wolfenstein project with a computer that f*cks up every hour!

I'm wondering: Why are you so bent on distributing it per email adresses? Isn't that kinda dumb? And isn't that kinda like asking to be kicked in the balls (read: ridiculed) in the first place?

Wouldn't it be smarter to just put it up on a website and link to the files when it's done?
You have to understand that this is the flippin' internet. People want their damn privacy - they don't wanna give their email adresses to strangers if they can avoid it and they most certainly aren't interested in publicly displaying it on a site (I certainly don't want to if I can avoid it).

I agree with DSM here. We might of been a little harsh but that's how it's done around here man. Get used to it or go away. Distributing a TC via email though? Sorry but that's kinda pointless, some people don't have the email space to recieve an entire TC and they don't want to reveal it either. Why don't you contact gamespy's wolfenstein site and ask them if they can host it, It may be for wolfenstein3D but gamespy might host it, the upside is that you get space to show off your TC and more people can see access it, hell I know a Wolfenstein editing community still exists somewhere, go track it down and let them know. This is a doom community after all, and you came in announcing your TC and that it was coming soon. We are kind of wary of new projects here as you may of noticed. Good luck with the project, and see if you can find hosting.

It's my first project damn it!Cut me some f*cking slack.Let me see you do something better for your first Wolfenstein project with a computer that f*cks up every hour!

Try clicking on adaware and spybot urls down in my sig.

Also, you trying to compete with that guy (name?) who ported several Mac versions of Wolf3d maps/sprites/sounds to Doom?

Mr. Chris said:

Try clicking on adaware and spybot urls down in my sig.

Which sig?

Mr. Chris said:

Also, you trying to compete with that guy (name?) who ported several Mac versions of Wolf3d maps/sprites/sounds to Doom?

Laz Rojas or something... But yeah, i arealdy see the review at somethingawful.com ;p

You guys are scaring Teh Funney away with the /newproject tag abuse.

Thing is,I haven't done any poking around on sites to find out how to link my project to people's websites.So I thought I should e-mail it to people,it's like 3 megs or something,really small.I am starting to think about making Doom mods but personally,I like Wolf3d better.

I'm seriously gonna try to post it at Wolfenstein3d.CO.UK so check it out,it should be done by Febuary 10th 2004.

Could I ask you kindly to post screenies of it when it's done? I'd appreciate it so that I'll get an idea of what's in store for me.

MaximusNukeage said:

man you guys were really shitting all over this guy. wow

It's the way it's done here - get used to it for your own sake (this wasn't a threat, more like a piece of advice).

I don't have a program that let's me capture screenshots,sorry.

Press PRINTSCREEN ingame, then open a image program like MSPAINT and paste. You'll paste what was on the screen when you hit printscreen. (Yes, this works on Wolf3d)

And don't ya like surprises?

If they involve cheerleaders...

Thanks for your interests in Wolf2K,PEACE DAMN IT!!!

Pee-ace? What is this Pee-ace you speak of?

And don't ya like surprises?

If they're good? Yes. If they're bad? No.

Screenshots are a good way to give people an overall impression of the project. If it looks professionally done, then it's a plus that will more likely attract positive attention.

If there are no screenshots at all, people might jump to the conclusion that the project is shit.

It doesn't have to be an awful lot of screenies that give too much away - just two or three that show the basics would do.