Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Illdo

When you met the Archie for the first time...

Lutarez said:

Go play Final Doom: Plutonia - "Hunted" and you'll never look at archviles the same way again.

That's one vicious map. If I saw it in Xasers SHiTWADS, I'd never know it was from Plutonia.

hhmmm...I still remember my first encounter with this @#!&* .I can recall when i was stoned cold to his awe ,he doused me with acidic flames.I suddenly snap out of this an i started running like the forest Gamp.Alas,he got me,he hurled me like apollo 13 & he gave me a nasty slap of 50 points!If it wasn't enough,i cried uncle when i saw the ressurection of a caccodemon!!Of cource, in my condition ,i had the life expentacy of roll of toilet papper in public WCs...So anytime i come across him, i yell:Say hello to my little friend,BFG 2000(A.K.A. toasty).

Heh, I just introduced a friend to Doom a few days ago - after showing off bits of Ultimate Doom first, I went ahead and fired up Doom 2, playing The Spirit World with godmode on (to show off the Archvile's attack so she could admire it) - her reaction:
"Wow, that monster is really well-done!"

Btw, my friend became so interested in the game that she borrowed my copy of Doom Collector's Edition, so it seems I've successfully assimilated another person into the Doomers' fold :-]

The first time I played Doom, was with the shareware version. I didn't know how to open doors, so I just ran around in the first big room of Hangar until a few years later when I discovered IDSPISPOPD and soon after, the Spacebar. Then I played through the rest of the episode.

As for Arch-Viles... I have no idea. I'm sure it was traumatic, but I'm also sure I fragged his ass.

dsm said:

Heh, I just introduced a friend to Doom a few days ago - after showing off bits of Ultimate Doom first, I went ahead and fired up Doom 2, playing The Spirit World with godmode on (to show off the Archvile's attack so she could admire it) - her reaction:
"Wow, that monster is really well-done!"

Btw, my friend became so interested in the game that she borrowed my copy of Doom Collector's Edition, so it seems I've successfully assimilated another person into the Doomers' fold :-]

Heh, one of my friends here at college got assimilated. I showed him my level I'm working on, then JDoom with GL and the model pack and he was hooked. I put DoomBuilder, some Doom files, various resources and utilities and the like on his external harddrive and now I'm tutoring him on editing. :) Yay. Btw, dsm, how do you find these girls who appreciate Doom, much less video games? It's a rare, rare thing.