Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Your Real Career

No career here yet. I'm simply a student working on getting his bachelor's degree. That, and working part time for the registrations office. But if all goes well I can take the necessary steps to get a doctorate and teach college English/literature/composition.

What's your current career or what are you trying to attain as one?

Hmmn.... not really trying at the moment. I'm caught between something in the art field, which is more of my strong point, and music which is more of a hobby. I'd give anything to get out of the job I'm in. Although I do have access to the internet, so I get paid to post here .... heh

I'm still a student. I'm hoping to get a degree in arts and technology. With such a degree I'll be able to do a lot of things. I could design websites, I could do programming, I could do something artsy, etc. There's plenty of directions for me to go in after I'm done. I still have no clue what direction I'm aiming for by the way.

Right now I'm 3/4 done with my programming course. Still don't know if I'll go to uni after that to learn advance coding stuff. I like programming but I'm not sure if I'd want to do it all my life.

I'm at DU right now going for my bachelors in Computer Science while I work nearly full-time at the Multimedia Services department there. I hope to either be a computer programmer of some sort after college, or a system administrator (maybe at DU). And on the side I wouldn't mind doing something with music.

Professional masturbator.

Actualy, I want some kind of musical career, preferably a musician. I could probably get a career as a sound engineer pretty easily though. I'm pretty good at setting up equipment and knowing the difference between mics and such. :P

My current profession involves waiting until the 1st of the month to cash my disability check, but once the government thinks im safe enough to work, I plan on becoming a rock star and/or an astronaut.

In the process of setting up our own web design / IT solutions / Graphic design / Photography business.

Goverment wants to give me a grant to get doing, so I'm happy.

Hmmm my plans work on the oil riggs here for a few years make a few hundred gran loose a few fingers then im movin to texas and becomin a repo man.

I'm studying law and I draw a lot. I am really motivated towards computer science, but whenever i make a step in that direction, I get some problem...

I actually just quit my job in retail. Yippie! I have nothing lined up, and probably won't for awhile. No clue what my next job will be either. I have some other things to work on first.

my current career is being depressed. I have a doctors note saying I am unfit to work for at least a year. yay.
I was going to be a software engineer, but I stopped going to my classes. now I have no idea what I want to be.

KoRn said:

I was going to be a software engineer, but I stopped going to my classes. now I have no idea what I want to be.

gee, that sounds strangely familiar...oh yeah...that's exactly what i did

I am some guy who wears a smock and presses buttons for 12 hours. and yes, thats the title of my career.

I'm a full time student persuing a degree in electrical engineering.
During the summer, I work at a power plant making some good bucks, which has the type of atmosphere my career will probably have.

Tobester said:

My current profession involves waiting until the 1st of the month to cash my disability check, but once the government thinks im safe enough to work, I plan on becoming a rock star and/or an astronaut.

Or you could be a rock star astronaut. Dude, you could be the first person to play a guitar on Mars!

Danarchy said:

Or you could be a rock star astronaut. Dude, you could be the first person to play a guitar on Mars!

That would go well with my secret childhood dream to be a space marine that kills stuff on mars...

I work in Risk Management (IT & Financial) for one of the Big 4 accountancy firms.

Silverwyvern said:

I have a diploma in animation. I work with a local animation company. This is why I'm never round.

Ooh
What kind of stuff do you do there?

Silverwyvern said:

I have a diploma in animation. I work with a local animation company. This is why I'm never round.

Cool shit :-).

Erik said:

I am working on my MSc in chemistry.

Mix me up some C4 or some composition B why dont ya.

læmænt said:

Ooh
What kind of stuff do you do there?

We do a short called 'And Yet I Blame Hollywood' for Zed TV. It's only 2 minutes long on once a week. Flash animation mostly. We also do things for companies, and are trying to break out into TV ads.