Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bludd

Doom95 Mouse Support

Hi, I'm running Windows XP Professional, and when I try to play the Doom Shareware Demo version 1.9, I have to disable sound effects and music or the game lags during any action. So, I got Doom95 and it plays beautifully, except the mouse doesn't work. I've enabled mouse support in the options, and have tried running Doom95 under Windows 95 emulation mode, still no luck.

I *need* my Doom fix! I don't want to unpack my old PC and install Windows 95 on it just for this, and I have no space for another PC anyway, so please help! Has anyone gotten the mouse to work under Windows XP with Doom95? All I need is mouselook and button 1 fire.

Thanks!

Thanks for the links, but I want real vanilla Doom. I don't want jumping, crouching, looking up/down, etc. Sounds crazy I know, but I just want to play plain ol' regular Doom for nostalgia's sake. I've got all the newer games if I want newer features. I just want Doom! I don't even want enhanced graphics or anything, just Doom!

Thanks again, though...

Try PrBoom then. If you enter -complevel 0 in the command-line it will behave just as vanilla doom. But beware, you won't be able to save any games with this parameter active. If you want to save, think about Eternity. I guess it can emulate original doom behaviour still pertaining savegames. I'm not 100% sure though cause I'm still using the original exe since I'm still on win98 and, as I'm having no problems with dos applications, I don't know about Win ports very much.

OK, I tried zDoom, and all I can say is, *JOY*!!! I can set it to play like vanilla Doom, like I wanted, and everything works flawlessly under WinXP. OK, back to playing!

Thanks everyone!