Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maggot_army

help with an edge tc im workin on

hello everyone at doom world im new to the forums and im working on my first tc, which ive been working on for a while. i need a little help with the lines for sectors like scrolling doors. i was looking through the ddf files and noticed right at the bottom for lines 443 446 and the others that showed scrolling doors. if anyone could send me an example wad or some info on how to make them, email me at maggot_army666@hotmail.com thanks for your help

I assume you're talking about the thin sliding doors that open sideways.
You just have to :
1. put a two sided linedef on the map where you want the door to be and
2. give it a type of 443 or 446 and
3. assign a nice shiny main texture (MIDBRN1 looks cool for a test)

If you can't get it working I can whip up a quick demo map for you.

You could try adding ACTIVATE_SOUND="SWTCHX"; to the LINES.DDF entry for the Slider line type or even better would be to add some of these:

SLIDER.SFX_CLOSE=[sound] The sound to play while the slider is closing
SLIDER.SFX_OPEN=[sound] The sound to play while the slider is opening
SLIDER.SFX_START=[sound] The sound to play when the slider starts moving
SLIDER.SFX_STOP=[sound] The sound to play when the slider stops moving

thanks for the help lobo
can u help me with custom weapons, ive drawn a few that i might end up adding to my next project and wanted to use counter strike weapons instead, but every time i add the picture, the colors become distorded. when u look at the weapons in marine of uac the colors are alright but when i add them there more green and brown instead of the black metal colors i want. do u know if there is a certain program you have to use or a certain way u should add them into the wad?

The problem is that Doom us is limited to around 256 colors, and to make matters worse you can't use just any 256 colours: they have to be in accordance with a special Doom palette.

What you need to do is use a graphics editing program like Paint Shop Pro and apply the Doom palette to your images BEFORE you insert them into a wad. If you're using Wintex to insert graphics you should read the help file which explains all this in more depth.

are you able to make custom lines in the ddfline file, to create the effect of glass that is shot and then shatters, instead of making all the rts scripts, or can u only make the in the rts scripting?