Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShaneAmp

Reduced Textures...

...Anyone know why a BMP would get reduced in size when inserted using DeepSea? ie. TITLEPIC gets reduced from 320x200 to 204x128, and looks real pixelated when loaded. I cant seem to figure it out, do i have to have it in a certain resolution before hand? i tried loading 640x400, does the same.

ShaneAmp said:

...Anyone know why a BMP would get reduced in size when inserted using DeepSea? ie. TITLEPIC gets reduced from 320x200 to 204x128, and looks real pixelated when loaded. I cant seem to figure it out, do i have to have it in a certain resolution before hand? i tried loading 640x400, does the same.

Either you are using an old version (current version is 11.83) or you changed the import control settings.

Older versions had a default of 128 tall (stock DOOM) or you changed it to 128. The newer versions defaulted to 2048 tall. What happens is that any BMP imported is scaled and adjusted to the maximum you specified.

This setting is in many places. In F7-Import, click the Auto Options and change the Maximum X-width to 8192 and the Maximum Y-height to 2048 or get the current version if this is less than 11.83.

I didnt notice i had an older version, since i just downloaded it a few months back. So that does fix it, thanx

Thanks for confirming. Glad to see that was it. Actually I should have mentioned to go to sbsoftware.com for the current version. Almost all other links have older versions.

Those settings I think were changed quite a long time ago, but time flies so it could have been last summer :)

well i had 11.8, i dunno how that is, but i did get it off their site a few months back when i started looking into editing doom. I thought it was the latest, maybe it was at the time.

while im on the topic, is there a way to load a 640x400 bmp that will show correctly while the game is running. Or any other size?

ShaneAmp said:

while im on the topic, is there a way to load a 640x400 bmp that will show correctly while the game is running. Or any other size?

Sure, although I'm not sure exactly what you mean. IOW, what is the context of how the BMP will be used? A texture? TITLEPIC? etc. And for what port.

Although you require a port with BOOM code to pull this off, not all ports work the same way. I've used all sorts of sizes. If you d'l XTHEATERIII from sbsoftware.com/download.html you can see the large variety used. This is for ZDOOM only since the heights go over 509 tall for many of the raw graphics.

i did mean titlepic and any screen like that, because i noticed smaller ones dont fill the screen, and larger, they get cut off. The titlepic i made was originally in 640x400.