Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skadoomer

texture bleeds

So i'm building a level with a lot of sector drawing where i use vertexes to create an intricite design on the floors and ceilings. Problem is I keep getting these weird bleeds and leeks from within the sector nomatter what nodebuilder i use. What the heak is causing these bleeds and cas they be fixed using any paramaters in the nodebuilders or do i just have to fix them manually?

I think what he means are the bleeding lines from the floor/ceiling all the way to the top/bottom of the screen. You can fix it manually by moving some vertices, but maybe a good nodebuilder may have a setting to reduce this problem. (dont ask me which one, i dont know)

I think the name for this problem is "slime trails". They may be fixed by different node builders, or you may have to move vertices around a little. Some engines seem better at minimising the problem than others too. I most commonly get them with constructs like a polygonal step with another polygonal pillar sector inside it, but quite close to the edge of the first one.

However, this problem has always existed. As you come through the archway into the main nukage room with the crooked path on E1M1, if you move around a bit you can see one of these "slime trails". So the very first level of the original doom has one.

slime trails, sounds like the proper termonology. so there is no quick fix for this issue is there. Which node builder has the best chance of eliminating most of these bugs? Bsp 5.0 and zdbsp seem to return the same moderate sucess level in eliminating these bugs. Any recomendations to ones that would perhaps do the job a little more throughly?

you could try zennode and see if that has a different effect.
Otherwise the only thing you can do is find where the slime trails occur and move some vertices around and hope it fixes it. Takes a lot of trial and error, unless there is a method to it.

Yeah Zennode always gets rid of my problems with the slime trails. An yeah, simply moving a vertex around can solve the problem. Theyre really odd...

Slime Trails occur when the nodes building slip, and don't build right. Zennode and BSP have never given me any problems in fixing this.

Zennode has always been the choice for me when it comes to fine tuning the map.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT