Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Peel and Stick Armor

Hmmm, that gives me an idea.

...puts a large bumper sticker that says "Bulletproof" on the back of his car...

SWAT gear just got a whole lot lighter. You can wear heavy armor for any operation now, I'd imagine, and it would probably be lighter than the light armor.

Somehow, I wouldn't be to keen on that idea.
Enemy firing round after round of machine gun fire.
Sarge: "Soldier, I need you to take them out."
"I don't have any armor, Sir!"
Sarge:"Hmmn... uhhh take some of those stickers over there and wrap yourself up real good; that should do it."
"Uhh..."

Having someone telling me to go against artillery by wearing stickers. Yeah, I'm sure they work and everything, but somehow that expression wouldn't give the comfort I'd need in that situation. Thank God I'd never join the army.

Scabbed Angel said:

Yeah, I'm sure they work and everything, but somehow that expression wouldn't give the comfort I'd need in that situation.

Yeah, going against artillery all naked is so much better.

The same idea should be applied to condoms -- self-adhesive prophylactics. Mmmm...prophylactics...

Seriously though, this sounds really cool. Even though it'll just make the military higher-ups *cough* chief executive *cough* more excited to look for skirmishes to get into.

Job said:

. It'll just make the military higher-ups *cough* chief executive *cough* more excited to look for skirmishes to get into.

Shhh, dont give bush any ideas. That sounds cool. I wonder if that stuff will be able to handle massive amounts of srapnal with out becomeing swiss cheese.

Scabbed Angel said:

Is it? I'd actually prefer body armour, non-sticker form.

I'd prefer an alternate strategy to going against artillery in the first place.

Fredrik said:

I'd prefer an alternate strategy to going against artillery in the first place.

I'd prefer to have someone else fight entirely... Make love not war and all that. . .

Scabbed Angel said:

Having someone telling me to go against artillery by wearing stickers.

The armor is for vehicles, not people...

when is the army gonna come out with scratch and sniff armor?

i'm all for new gear for our great forces, but this is alittle silly, but if it saves live, then its worth trying!

Espi said:

The armor is for vehicles, not people...

I must have misunderstood what this was refering to:

Ultraviolet said:

SWAT gear just got a whole lot lighter. You can wear heavy armor for any operation now, I'd imagine, and it would probably be lighter than the light armor.

MaximusNukeage said:

when is the army gonna come out with scratch and sniff armor?

MN, an interesting point from AndrewB, feel free to find the rest in Post Hell

AndrewB said:

...Silliness (empty humor or meaningless tendencies) makes people groan....

Why is it silly? It's a cheap mean of armor. You could even use it to patch holes in trucks if they already exist (during battle)

Ralphis said:

Why is it silly? It's a cheap mean of armor. You could even use it to patch holes in trucks if they already exist (during battle)

Scratch and sniff... for a second when I read the title I thought about making some stupid comment about "Scratch and sn1ff lolZ11" but then it occured to me that that would have been a useless post, so I thought I would help out new friend here with a little bit of AndrewB's insight.

I'd prefer to have someone else fight entirely

And they will, for some reason . . .

You know, this sticker-armor wouldn't actually do anything to protect people, come to think of it. You could make tanks a hell of a lot lighter by putting it on top of some lighter plating and then just tap out the dents later on with a balpene hammer, but a person being hit with a bullet and this armor on would be protected only against penetration. That's not to say that the person's bones won't shatter from the force (possibly with increased shock because there is no penetration?. For personell armor, this would probably work best stuck on top of light kevlar, or at least something to absorb the shock.

Ultraviolet said:

You could make tanks a hell of a lot lighter by putting it on top of some lighter plating and then just tap out the dents later on with a balpene hammer

No, you can't, actually. Several variants of the M1A1 and the M1A2 have a type of defense placed between the body and the armor plating that is an explosive wafer. The purpose is that a shell impacting with the armor sets off the explosive, the force of which, directed out, keeps the shell from penetrating the body of the tank. Hitting that with a ballpeen hammer would be hella bad.

DC