Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Weakmind

Any one want to help me work on my web page?

I am hoping to start a web page that talks about Doom2 monsters, and other doom things. I was hoping to find some place to host me that alowwed a lot a free space, and a free web site builder. But that is not what i am here for.

I am hoping that any one, who know some web site desing would help me. I need some ideas on art, color, and placement of text and pictures. I was hoping that a fellow doomer could help me with this, hopefully some one with experience.

NOTE: ( All who help me will get "credits" at the bottom of the page.)

NOTE 2: ( I hope to have someone experienced, so i can hopefully be hosted by Doomworld in the near future.)

Your fellow Doomer,

-Weakmind

You want a free web site builder? Try Notepad. That's what I've always used.

Ichor said:

You want a free web site builder? Try Notepad. That's what I've always used.

What is there adress?

Weakmind said:

What is there adress?

Notepad is the basic text program included with Windows. In other words, I write out all of the web site in the HTML code (<font>, etc.). It's not that hard to learn the basics, but some of the more complicated codes like tables might take a little longer.

Ichor said:

Notepad is the basic text program included with Windows.

I don't have windows... I have a Mac, with apple works.. will that work?

Note: I don't know the first thing about building or writing a web site.. Can some one coach me?

To be honest, you're just asking to be trolled. Maybe you should try google with the terms "basic HTML" or "HTML editor" to get more of a clue.

I have a friend who designs some wicked stuff in Notepad. It's amazing what she's done.

I just user Word myself. Type it up like I want it, then just save it as an HTML file. I never did learn HTML, so this works for me.

Here is a nice HTML help page which will explain some of the codes, as well as tell you how not to use them and what codes to just stay away from altogether.

And I use Wordpad only when the file is too big for Notepad.

Assmaster said:

Need a site? I can help, and my rates are great. </pimp>

That is great..., but by rates, you mean i have to pay you, becuase i am too cheep for that, to cheep even for a domain name!

If you're learning from scratch, I would suggest avoiding pages that only teach you about older html standards.

The w3schools is a great resource for the reference and learning of newer standards like xhtml and CSS. It's nice to learn about how it used to be done, but I would recommend starting with the new standards. And best of all, it's all free!

<b>No, it's impossible to write HTML files with Mac text editors.</b>

I hope you were being sarcastic with that comment ;)

As a Mac user who can also write html i recommend that you use bbedit lite to edit html documents. Unfortunatly Bare Bones Software (the people who wrote this software) no longer support or give a download link for this piece of sotware. If you want the program just email me at phil1984@spymac.com and I will get it to you somehow.

If you want a good tutorial for editing HTML may I suggest http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/tut/ - Its how I learned HTML.....

I appluad you all, for your help... i am looking at some of the html's things now. I was hoping though, that maybe two or so people could help me. If two people step up, they will get reconition on my page. The two volenters would probibly help me with designs, and colecting Doom monster pics. Doeas any one want to help Me?

Just a word of advice. Stay away from frames. They usually don't serve much of a purpose and most websites would look better without them anyway. Also, most people mess them up one way or another, which only causes trouble and can even crash some browsers.

Yeah, avoid frames. Avoid tables too.

Unless you REALLY know what you're doing, and I mean REALLY know, PLEASE stick to plain text and a high-contrast color scheme.

No one cares about your quasi-1337 design achievements, no matter how cool you think they are.

Tables do have some uses though, but they can be just as troublesome as frames (maybe more so). Just one mistake can foul up the entire page, so until you become very proficient, it's best that you stick to the simpler and more reliable codes.