Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JimN

Morrowind PC

my current character uses the apprentice, although i regret not choosing the atronach.

Stunted magicka sucks though, you have to be prepared with loads of restore magicka potions.

I much prefer the Breton/Apprentice combination.

that's where most of it is coming from anyway, thank god the mages guild restocks their equipment chests. i have a habit of not resting much that was developed playing baldur's gate, and even when i do, the fully restored magicka i get from resting 18 god damn hours is going to last for a handful of wild beasties or maybe two and a half bonewalkers.

I love the Resist disease, Resist poison and especially Adrenaline rush of the Redoran and I usually choose the Warrior sign for a little more boost in offense. For those who don't know, Adrenaline rush does Fortify Agility, Strength, Speed, Endurance 50 pts and Fortify Health 25 pts, for 1 minute. Boss fights are pretty easy with this skill :P

Darkstalker said:

I love the Resist disease, Resist poison and especially Adrenaline rush of the Redoran and I usually choose the Warrior sign for a little more boost in offense. For those who don't know, Adrenaline rush does Fortify Agility, Strength, Speed, Endurance 50 pts and Fortify Health 25 pts, for 1 minute. Boss fights are pretty easy with this skill :P

Heh, yeah that skill is quite useful indeed. Helps especially when you're low level :P Although the race is called Redguard, not Redoran (Redoran is one of the great houses).

At the moment I'm playing a Nord fighter, with the lady star sign (nice boost to hp when starting out).

All of the official ones (minus the bitter coast sound pack), Leon Medado's Sound Enhancement pack, plus a couple of bugfixes (eeydis fireeye's hostility after thieves' guild bitter cup quest, plus something else I can't remember).

Nothing that seriously modifies the gameplay.

I'm using all the official ones as well, plus the Rhedds Heads mods and the Fletchers Mod that allows you to make various arrows that requires you to find different raw ingredients for each arrow type. I was thinking about checking out the Sound Enhancement pack as well.

ahaha, you sillies with gaming-quality pcs and your mods.

so at approximately what character level would everyone recommend raiding daedric shrines? i pasted most (if not all) of the cults in the vivec sewers but i was so scroll-reliant in those cramped little rooms that i earned more skill upgrades dealing with the telvanni sewer rats.

The monsters around the shrines are generally "levelled", so they'll match your level pretty well. As for the cultists inside the major shrines, I wouldn't face them until I was at least 20 with most builds, but insanely tweaked builds might hit them at 10 or so, I figure.

Arioch said:

insanely tweaked builds

yeah that's not me

cheers

Speaking of which, I just loaded up Morrowind on my laptop, S-Video out to the 43" TV, and now I'm playing it on TV. Best of both worlds, perhaps?

Arioch said:

Hmm, another one, let's see. Thauraver in Bloodmoon. He's a bounty hunter that you'll find in an ice cave, massacring escaped slaves. Kill him for nearly a full set of glass armor (minus shield).

I just killed this SOB not 10 minutes ago. He was easy though, because I became a werewolf in the game. Werewolfism is a cool easter egg that happens when you get attacked by a werewolf and don't cure yourself. It's not just a secret path that ruins your game. It's actually a legitimate branch in the main quest!

Note: I Googled Thauraver and this was one of the first results, so I couldn't resist bumping the shit out of this thread! I kinda hope someone responds to a post thinking they're actually having a conversation, bahahahaha!

It's a great time to do so, because Morrowind Graphics Extender was recently released, allowing you to play the game with Skyrim-type quality if you have the computer to do so.

One caveat is that any change to the graphics whatsoever, including changing the screen resolution, requires you to recompile the EXE, which makes your saved games unplayable. So make sure your settings are perfect before you start your long journey.

AndrewB said:

It's a great time to do so, because Morrowind Graphics Extender was recently released, allowing you to play the game with Skyrim-type quality if you have the computer to do so.

One caveat is that any change to the graphics whatsoever, including changing the screen resolution, requires you to recompile the EXE, which makes your saved games unplayable. So make sure your settings are perfect before you start your long journey.

What the hell are you talking about? The MGE has been around for years and has no effect on savegames. Changing the screen resolution through other means has no effect savegames either. There is also no EXE hacking involved, although it does sit in memory and act as a wrapper for the renderer, sound, and input systems to add functionality.

Also, why have you resurrected a thread from nine years ago?