Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

So now we have Far Cry joined the competition

It's hard to believe no one has mentioned it at all in any sections of the forum. Well, dear all the id fans in here, it has the potential of being on the shelf as Doom 3 and Half Life 2. Therefore, discuss.

nxn said:

Wow, first post i've seen to come back from post hell.

You dont pay very good attention do you? :P

I played the Far Cry demo a couple of days ago, and I think it's pretty awesome. The graphics are really nice, the water is especially gorgeous. The jungle combat is intense and I'm really impressed by the AI, it feels like you're actually fighting an intelligent squad. I don't think it's really a contender for Doom 3, it's in a pretty different style to it.

/me adds another game to his "to-buy" list

fp!

EDIT: dammit Bloodshedder, nxn and Danarchy! Fagz!!!1one

I played the farcry demo and it runs pretty nicely on my computer (not using the new video card yet). I really like it. The problem is that it's a little hyper-realistic.

Danarchy said:

You dont pay very good attention do you? :P

Yeah I hardly browse the forums.

Man, I;'ve had waaay too much caffiene today.

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.

I hate you Julain.

Man, this is taking to long...SUBMIT!!

Yay I can play it on 800x600 without any detail at a decent speed. Too bad that it now looks worse than CS, and nothing like the screenshots :P

For some reason this just isn't impressive for me. I guess it is the most realistic game yet, but it's still not perfect and something about it comming so close and not quite getting there that seems funky. Maybe if they toned down those bright blinding colors it would look right.

I gave my thoughts on this over at Newdoom, but copy/paste seems kinda cheap. Basically, I liked it, but I found the gameplay to be pretty average. However, once I stuck it in hard mode and played with a stealthy approach, I found I enjoyed the game much more. Graphically, I thought the game was pretty amazing. Stylistically, I thought it was pretty crap.

So much for the non-linear system that was mentioned back when the game was first revealed: "Yeah, you can complete the level however you want, and approach from any route. Except if you go here, here and here you get killed by choppers".

The Far Cry demo is still much less linear then for example Call of Duty or Max Payne 2. I enjoyed the demo a lot. The graphics are amazing, the "vacation" atmosphere is great and the gameplay is fun.

I will definitly buy this game on the day it comes out!

I played the demo and it's quite fun. I downloaded this mod which allows you to move freely, without those attack helicopters coming for you. I climbed up the highest mountain in the map to snipe down all the enemies. It's fun to watch them run around, not knowing where the hell those bullets are coming from.

You can download that mod here (including another mod which allows you to use a hangglider!): http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/dl.asp?id=6870

Fredrik said:

Looks interesting. But unlike Doom 3, it won't run on my Geforce 2.

Yes it will. I have a GeForce 2 MX400 and the game actually runs quite good on lower settings. It still looks decent.

Disorder said:

I played the demo and it's quite fun. I downloaded this mod which allows you to move freely, without those attack helicopters coming for you. I climbed up the highest mountain in the map to snipe down all the enemies. It's fun to watch them run around, not knowing where the hell those bullets are coming from.

You can download that mod here (including another mod which allows you to use a hangglider!): http://games.tiscali.cz/clanek/dl.asp?id=6870Yes it will. I have a GeForce 2 MX400 and the game actually runs quite good on lower settings. It still looks decent.

Awesome link Disorder, thanks for that. With the mod, it's a little more like what I hoped it would be.

Job said:

Why'd it get Helled in the first place?

Initially I posted this thread in Doom 3 section, and apparently some mods are really biased about something which I'd rather not say......but if memory serves, Doom 3 vs Half Life 2 has been done before. Therefore I thought it'd be okay to make another similar thread.