Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stealth

where did those 14 new Jan 2004 screens go?

Just a few days ago there was 14 new d3 screenshots from january 2004. Now there not there anymore?

Anyone know what's up?

Damn, that's too bad. From what I saw they were some pretty shots. I'll just say it's amazing what the next-gen cards have done since the GF3.

Maybe they'll be back, soon I hope.

Julian said:

Activision requested we put them down. Apparently this was yet another leak.

Damn, now it's time to really pass around death threats (to potential would-be leakers) :-P

Leaked ? From what I remember, they looked like officially released (albeit low-resolution) screenshots to me. Oh well, there's still plenty of other places where you can find them.

Lord FlatHead said:

Oh well, there's still plenty of other places where you can find them.

Shush :P

I don't remember what these screenshots were of. Can anyone tell me that, since I don't think I saw them?

(heh...hope i don't get in any trouble)

There was some really sweet screens of some hell levels (I assume) with some hell knights. There was a whole bunch of UAC levels with monsters and other sorts of stuff, but they looked really nice, I think they had 4xFFAA or 8xFFAA because they were really smooth, almost no jagged edges at all.

hey hey hey, yes it was a hell level, it had hell all over it

and you don't have to point out spelling errors

ok, ok, I managed to find a simillar screen to the one I was describing and it wasn't necessarily hell. So I retract what I said.

FFAA!!! FFAA!!!
(j/k)

stealth said:

ok, ok, I managed to find a simillar screen to the one I was describing and it wasn't necessarily hell. So I retract what I said.

FFAA!!! FFAA!!!
(j/k)

Please remember to use the "EDIT" button instead of double posting.

and that gives you the right to spam?

anyway another one of the screens was of a big bunch of steel beams falling over magma so you could wallk over it.

I don't know what gives you the right to be a moron who doesn't read or abide by the FAQ like the other recent wave of seemingly illiterate or incompetent noobs.

leaked? I don't think so....those screenshots were in the CGW magazine, except the ones in the magazine are cut down alot....

Perhaps "illegal scans" would be the proper term. But to be honest, I thought that they were legal, as they were posted on that magizines site (or so I remember).

TH-555 said:

and that gives you the right to spam?

Pointing out that you can use a so-called edit-button instead of making a new post right after your last post is hardly spam - call it "good advice", and it's sorely needed whenever some incompetent bloke who hasn't read the FAQ and who hasn't taken his sweet time to look around before posting (and subsequently violating rules).

OT: I too find it a bit strange about those illegal scans/screens - they were posted on the magazine's own website weren't they? Weren't they? (Where's our big fat reward...ok I'll stop now).

Is this a new kind of fishy copyright infringement rules (don't put screens from our site up on yours!) or what?
No, I'm not complaining (I think we have more than plenty D3 screens already), but I still find it odd.

Those screens of the beams falling looked amazing. At last, a physics engine gets used to do something really impressive looking in an FPS.

I hope doom3 can do everything and more HL2 can do physics engine wise, I hope that despite HL2's hype that d3 wins GOTY as well, A real nice way to shit in halflife fans's cereal.