Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MaximusNukeage

Doom 2 levels

I beat all ultimate doom/doom2 levels on UV and then on NM (each from a pistol start), so I don't know which one's the hardest for me. They're all very easy.

What? :D They are. Plutonia and TNT are also walks in the park. Hell, I can beat most of them without my glasses on.

Plutonia on UV isn't hard if you know what you are doing.

Try eaxt.wad map02 on UV if you want to get some bragging rights Virgil :P

Hmm. I think the levels that were the most "Doom 2"-ish were the tech-based levels in the beginning. After they went into "Earth" and "Hell" any consistancy it had to begin with was lost.

I liked Tricks and Traps, The Pit, Gotcha, The Chasm, The Spirit World, and The Living End.

The Citadel, Refueling base, The Spirit World, and the Inmost Dens were all very good, but The Living End is THE BEST Doom2 level. Ever.

About the hardest? Hmm... None, I guess. I find them all dead easy.[/brag]

Erik said:

Plutonia on UV isn't hard if you know what you are doing.

Try eaxt.wad map02 on UV if you want to get some bragging rights Virgil :P

what is this "eaxt.wad" it's hard i assume.

My favourite levels:Suburbs,downtown,factory,barrels of fun(uv).I worship the barrels of fun

Map01 is good for a good old fashioned UV Max. Fastest time yet is 46 seconds on UV :D
The rest can pretty much kiss my ass (save for maps 31 and 32) for anything other than real playing however.

I like some of the staring levels, Map04, "The Focus" has a very nice theme. From the end ones, Map28, "The Spirit World" was quite impressive with the great hellishness the level has. The hardest one IMO is Map27.

Both Refueling Base and The Living End are great maps in my book. So are The Citidel, The Spirit World and Monster Condo. Industrial Zone is pretty neat too.

As for my lesat favorite maps...I didn't like the Pit at all.

AlexMax said:

As for my least favorite maps...I didn't like The Pit at all.

I agree, looks pretty fugly and the gameplay is pretty meh at best (IMO).

Lutrov71 said:

The Focus (map04) is what I consider the hardest, and map20, (Gotcha) starting with only a pistol is extremely difficult.

ya, i remember when i first found out how to get past that CD and SMM part where you have to create crossfire and make them kill each other....is that how you do it??????

Gotcha is definetely one of my favs...i donno .....that cyberdemon and spider mastermind part was just so thrilling the first time i guess thats wat caught my attention ^ ^

Bleh. I need some lessons from you guys... I can beat DooM 1 on UV (big whoop there) and Hurt Me Plenty is about as far as I can go in DooM II at the moment, TnT is just evil on anything past 2/5, and I'm not even touching Plutonia yet... not good enough. Bleh. Anyway, yeah... if anyone here would like to give me a few lessons/pointers on improving myself in DooM, I'd appreciate it... anyway, as for fav level in DooM II, I like The Spirit World. It's just cool. Long, sprawling, intense fights, lots of different textures, but not gay. As for hardest level, the toughest level I've ever played was Level 32 of Plutonia, Go 2 It. Heh, I doubt that anybody could beat that thing on Nightmare, perhaps aside from John Romero.... As for cool levels, I love Tricks and Traps, Dead Simple, The Living End, Wolfenstein, and Grosse. The level music that I'd like most would probably be Message of the Archvile or the Opening of Hell... and of course Level 1 in DooM, DooM II, and TnT. TTYL

~Tony

My all time fav DooM level has to be...*drums roll*

PHAROH!! Love the music, and also it's quite hard on UV.

Mr. Chris said:

map11

I agree. I like the gothic theme of this map, and not only that, it's actually consistent. Map14 I like for these same reasons.

My Favorites: MAP07, MAP10, MAP11, MAP14, MAP15, MAP20, MAP26, MAP28, MAP29, and MAP30

can't think of any hard maps.

Infinite Ammunition said:

And I HATE Map10's music.

Heretic! ;-P
I'll have to go with map28, The Spirit World - most hellish-looking map since Ultimate Doom (and it's great for showing off the archvile to a friend :-P).
Others I like are The Waste Tunnels and Downtown.

I don't like The Living End very much, but I think the music choice for it was superb.

Bloodfalls, the earliest maps in general, the courtyard and Tenements are among my least favorite maps.

Oh and I like Wolfenstein too, but that's only because of its easter egg value.

Lord of the Noobs said:

As for hardest level, the toughest level I've ever played was Level 32 of Plutonia, Go 2 It. Heh, I doubt that anybody could beat that thing on Nightmare, perhaps aside from John Romero....

Check these out then. :)

Awww, no one has mentioned Barrels O Fun!

I'll admit, not the best map in the game (I'll get to that) it's my favorite, it was a lot of fun and superbly creative. The intro is hands-down my favorite of any Doom Level next to the Wolfenstein level (The shock alone...), you, that box, and the barrels. Step in any direction, you hear/see the mancubus, and things go insane from there! Killing 10 or so Commandos and about 9 Hell Knights with barrels and roughly ten pistol bullets feels so good!

But what do I believe is the "best" map? Likely to be Dead Simple. It was wicked hard the first times I played it and was absolutely insane. Plus, it really made me start fearing large groups of arachnotrons in small areas! Still makes for a great DM level too.

+ Oh, and a note of honesty, I have never beaten Doom II to completion without cheating (youth made me love codes, hate them now), but I'm doin that right now. Currently on Gotcha at Hurt Me Plenty difficulty (Its been a snap so far, except for Dead Simple) and playing in my spare time(In between Forgotten Hope mod for BF1942 and the Far Cry demo)

I hate cheat codes now, but I used to use them all the time before... damn you, youth! DAMN YOU I SAY!!! As a side note, I'm 16 now, but I was first introduced to DooM when I was 8 or 9 =\

~Tony