Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

Latest Public Release

Ok, look here for links to the latest public releases. As of now 0.74 is quite old, and although it's the latest available at the site, it's not really the latest public release.

Latest Public Release:
ZDoomGL v0.745

Just to clarify, this isn't actually 0.75, just an inbetween 0.74 and 0.75 release. The software renderer is kinda buggy in this release (based on 2.0.47i, I think).

Those shaders are looking damn fine!

BTW can you use a shader on a totally transparent mid texture?

Yeah, you should be able to. The first layer is drawn with the depthfunc GL_LEQUAL, which is standard depth testing. Subsequent layers are now drawn with the depthfunc GL_EQUAL (they didn't change the depthfunc in the last public release), so they're only drawn if they match the first layer exactly. This way you can mask out areas of the shader with the first layer: http://www.timmie.squabble.org/screenshots/shader4.mpg

But yeah, the first layer is always drawn, even if it's based on a completely transparent texture.

shader BRNSMAL1
{
   compatibility hardware
   layer FWATER1
   {
      blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE
      texgen sphere
   }
}

Thats excellent. I can imagine a whole host of cool tricks you could use it for.

Job said:

Do you have to tag it to a sector? And if so, where?

You simply use the shader's name as the texture. Or do you mean something else?

I think job means he wants to use it in one sector only.

I don't really know how it works but I think the way to do this would be to use the shader on a duplicate of the texture.

Yeah, it's essentially texture replacement, so if you wanted to limit it to a specific sector you'd have to duplicate the texture or flat.