Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Spiderdemon or Cyberdemon?

I hate the fact that the confrontation between Spidy and Cyb is always won by the second one. He has definately too much hit points, and that's kinda strange, cos in fact he's tougher to beat, so why it was the Spidermeon to be Doom's last boss?

Anyways, I like Spder a bit more. He makes a hell of a sniper, but he should be much more durable. And have lesser pain chance.

Spidey wins as a cooler creature, but Cybie easily kicks it's ass in fight...

Lutarez said:

I'd say they both have their pros and cons. Both win. :\

TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES. TWO MEN ENTER. ONE MAN LEAVES.

cyber-menace said:

Spiderdemon... not much to say about him. I just thought of him as a giant arachnatron with chaingun and a brain that is totally misused.

A telling perspective. I experienced the exact inverse thought upon seeing the Arachnotron, having played Doom first.

Not so much on which is "cooler", but they both are in a stalemate when it comes to one going at the other. In a long range confrontation, the Cyberdemon almost always beats the SpiderMastermind. In a close range confrontation, the SpiderMastermind almost always beats the Cyberdemon.

It is a difficult decision to take...The cyb always strikes fear to me, his/its "battle cry" is deafening,He is cool as he stands to shoot barrage of rockets at u & the sound of his cybernetic feets stomping the ground haunts my dreams....In the other corner,the spidy kicks major ass with its super chaingun,it feeds u with the iron u need for your adequate nutrition...I like the concept:If it sees u, u r DEAD MEAT..It's a draw for me.Well done to the ID!

Danarchy said:

I hate the Death Wyvern. That thing was a pain in the ass.

Well, replacing a Mancubus with him kinda stupified his flying pattern. He is unfortunatly easier to hit now, but the Mancubus attack it uses can really pack a punch. Ouch!

Comparing them graphics wise I'd have to say the Spidermastermind wins the Cake. But My favorite is the Cyberdemon. Because of the Box art. It takes the Cyberdeom to a whole new Level that the sprite could only dream. the mix of armor and flesh is intriging.

I find it quite boring fighting a cyberdemon, and it is quite fun going against a spiderdemon. Spiderdemons would kick ass if they had more hitpoints.

well, both are cool and have different use in maps.

The cyberdemon is considered harder than a spiderdemon, which is most of the time right.
Spiderdemons can be annoying if ur in aroom w/o much cover and no big weapon like plasma or BFG. A single Cyberdemon in open space is kinda easy...

In crampy areas it's the opposite :)

A crowd of cybie is also very annyoing too... A crowd Spiderdemons is just lame coz they kill each other sooo fast.

And in a duel Spider/Cybie, the spider just sucks the cybie big cock and dies like real quickly. In nightmare and close range, the spider wins sometimes coz she shoots all the time, and a close range spider shot is deadly.

I think I will go with Spider...

Very fun, and I always love how when I first ran into it, it sounded like "Radiation Suit".

^ Just don't ask. . .

I like the mastermind alot, but I gotta go with Cybie. He seems much more hellish and like a Demon, and fit's the game a bit better (to me, thats just my opinion). There is nothing that gets your heart pumping like walking around the tower of babel and suddenly you hear thoose dreaded footsteps.