Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

"Report in team!"

Just wanna know who here plays CS, what your nicks are, and what your fave map is. Maybe I've played against one of you. I usually go by Jonny Law, if not that, then I go by Mad Cheese Disease:) Fave map would have to be good old dust, or maybe iceworld.

[Spends minutes trying to think up an appropriate rebuttal]

[Realizes that it was a different browser window that contained stupidity]

DaJuice said:

Fave map would have to be good old dust, or maybe iceworld.

I barely even played CS before and I could have guessed that...

hehe, well dust is a classic (for some reason i hate dust2), and iceworld is just pure fun.

I enjoyed dust2 when I played... maps like dust or aztec seemed horribly one-sided by comparison.

I played it for a bit because my friends wanted to have a big brawl. I played a bit and it was fun. But way too slow on my computer. I just deleted it for Space. :P My name on it as is on everything; DOOM Anomaly. I wasn't very great at first but I got dang good before I uninstalled it. :P Though out of the maps I played I enjoyed the "Leet AcAssult" or something rather, I enjoyed that with low gravity, that was fun. :D

I've played it with bots a few times, and once on a LAN. It was a blast on LAN, But highly overrated by net users.

Oh, and I’ll never forgive it for destroying everyone’s perceptions of half life. (if you say ‘half life’ when you mean ‘counter strike” you should shoot yourself now.)

I've never even touched Counter Strike. I'd rather Play Quake 3 or something like that.

CS is complete shit. You should play DM Classic or Day of Defeat instead.

spank said:

CS is complete shit. You should play DM Classic or Day of Defeat instead.

Day of Defeat is a great mod, I enjoy it way more compared to CS net play. I play CS with my friends on a LAN all the time, its the only way to go.

I have never played DoD, and it may very well be the better mod. However CS has a huge plus, and that's the amount of people playing the game. IMO, multi-player games are the most fun when you're playing with a large crowd on lan. You can walk into CyberWorld or whatever, join a lan game with 22 people and start kicking ass. I love hearing their bitching, moaning, and shouts of disbelief:D

[UD]Danarchy

I like Militia the best, but any map with vehicles for running over teammates with is always good.

I prefer TFC though.

I used to play CS until all this STEAM garbage, and until my clan became corrupt.

My game name, like in every other PC game I play, is Acid^Rogue.

My favourite map, and pretty much the only map I played, was fy_iceworld.

CS sucks. The bad thing of the mod too popular is the number of assholes, cheaters and immature admins/servers around.

Mr. Chris said:

CS sucks. The bad thing of the mod too popular is the number of assholes, cheaters and immature admins/servers around.

Play with your friends then.

I haven't played Counter-Strike in over a year, cause, you know, the game IS five years old now and it's not like there aren't any better squad-based multiplayer games out there. But when I did, I usually played the timeless classics : de_dust, cs_assault and my favorite, cs_italy.

Lord FlatHead said:

Play with your friends then.

Yeah, I never play CS unless its with friends (which hasnt happened in a long time) or Unidoom.

I play as [caco]Amtiskaw for Clan Caco. My favourite map is probably Inferno, although I preferred the old orange version to the Italy style makeover in 1.6.

My faves would be Iceworld and Poolday, from the longer ones, Inferno and Dust2.

In Iceworld i always grab the Mac10 and instantly run to the other side. It's certain death but you'll always get them by surprise and score 4 frags :D

Fredrik said:

Man computer science kicks ass and you should know it.

Obviously I wasn't talking about that and you should it.

Anyway, I'm in a Computer Engineering course.

Lord FlatHead said:

Play with your friends then

I play with some of them on this co-op mod instead. Tons more fun beating down on aliens and humans together than against each other. =)

game nick: [UD]Liam[pw](ibtr)

steamid: liam2

dust*, train, and office are all very good, balanced maps.

you can't spell assault without ass. and like almost all the narby maps are ct stacked.

yeah, dust is probably one of the most balanced maps out there, it really all depends on how good your team is one that map. Oh, office is another great map.
Also it's funny how some old maps never get played anymore (at least not around anywhere I live). Like prodigy, that was almost as popular as dust back then, but now nobody plays it anymore. Maybe it's different in other parts.

Ct_red_pants said:

Oh, and I?ll never forgive it for destroying everyone?s perceptions of half life. (if you say ?half life? when you mean ?counter strike? you should shoot yourself now.)

Holy Jesus, I remember some fake HL2 screeenies from a while back. They were nothing more than official screenies on which had been pasted...wait for it...CS BUY MENUS. I believe one even had that message "You already have some kevlar, and now you've purchased a helmet."

I wanted to fucking die.

I never got into Counter Strike. It just didn't appeal to me. I've always been more of a Quake3 and UT/UT2k3 kind of guy, specifically instagib.

And StarCraft of course.