Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hyena

Best Doom Comic Quote?

Best Quote?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Best Quote?

• Who`s a man and a half? I`m a man and a half! Berzerker packin` man and a half!
    • Dynamite!
    • I`m the man! I`m a bad man! How bad? Real bad! I`m a 12.0 on the 10.0 scale of badness!
    • You are huge! That means you have huge guts!
    • Ahhh! Chainsaw! The great communicator! Allow me to communicate to you my desire to have your guns!
    • Dark. Might makes light! And I feel mighty!
    • Turned my back . . . that was stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid imp! You`re stupid! And you`re gonna be stupid and dead!
    • Now I`m radioactive! That can`t be good!
    • Sweet Christmas! Big-mouthed floating thingies!
    • My cause is just...my will is strong...and my gun is very, very large!

It's a difficult choice. But I definetely have to go with "Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good!"

"Now I'm radioactive! That can't be good!"

Sublime.

EDIT: I just noticed that all the quotes ended in exclamation marks. Intense.

All of them kick ass, but "Sweet Christmas! Big mouthed floating thingies! It's always someting!" is easily the best.

"You are huge! That means you have huge guts!"
is always in the back of my mind. IMO, "rip and tear" goes along with this quote.

Second would be:
"Turned my back . . . that was stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid imp! You're stupid! And you're gonna be stupid and dead!"

They are similar in structure.

By the way, I'm sure people have already noticed this and it's a recognized error, but is there any way to fix the backslashes that appear in polls next to apostrophes?

"You are huge! That means you have huge guts!"

Probably my favorite part of the comic, but I agree with KoRn, the "RIP AND TEAR" liner attached to this scene was the most recognizable moment in the comic. It's the doomguy at his craziest. ;)

A few of the lines weren't that bad, IMO. The last one on the list, and the longer quote about his respect for the shotgun which isn't on there... not the best writing but not totally "wtf?" either.

I'm torn between radioactive and huge guts, but I finally went with radioactive, though I'm not sure why... they're both quite hilarious

I can't choose between:

You are huge! That means you have huge guts!

Ahhh! Chainsaw! The great communicator! Allow me to communicate to you my desire to have your guns!

Turned my back . . . that was stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid imp! You`re stupid! And you`re gonna be stupid and dead!

I really wanted to choose "HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN!" but since that wasn't on there, I chose "Turned my back . . . that was stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid imp! You`re stupid! And you`re gonna be stupid and dead!"

I like the "Here comes the night train !" too but since it's not in the choices I'll take "You are huge! That means you have huge guts!" and "Sweet Christmas! Big-mouthed floating thingies!".

I can't believe I just read that comic again. More than likely, to the handful of people who actually saw it, it's the main reason people believe that all Doomers are gun-loving morons. Well, at least morons bent on violence. I know a good handful of us still like guns. :) The dialogue was cheesy to the point where it certainly didn't fit Doom, even though Doom has some cartoonishness to it.

Job said:

The dialogue

Don't you mean "the scattered and incoherently put together letters"? :-P

I feel lonely. Am I the only one that likes the "Berzerker packin` man and a half!"-quote?

I was really referring to the fact that it was not dialogue, but monologue.

OMG! That would make such a great monologue performance for a high school drama class! Too bad I'm not in HS anymore, I would have LOVED to do that. My sister is taking the drama class at the high school, maybe I can get her to do that for a monologue...