Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Remilia Scarlet

Latest Catalyst Drivers

Anyone experiencing some strange effects in 640x480 mode with the latest Catalyst drivers? With mine, the screen ends up getting stretched horizontally an odd amount, about an inch in each direction, and ends up looking more low-res than it should.

On top of that, 1600x1200 mode (my normal one for games) is squished inwards about a half an inch on each side.

1024x768 looks fine.

I'm using an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb, if that matters.

And here I was thinking that this thread was somehow chemistry related...

Erik said:

I did too.

And no I haven't really experienced any of those problems with the latest Catalysts. I have a radeon 8500 64mb.

I have experenced problem, most of which are related to missing graphics and things being transparent when they shouldn't be. This mainly applies to N64 games.

Adjust the stretch and positioning on your monitor. It should save the presets for each resolution. So when you switch to a game that uses a different res the screen is still centered and the margins are the same.

heh, my monitor doesn't save presets for anything. monitors with onscreen displays and resolutions presets annoy me to no end.

nxn said:

Adjust the stretch and positioning on your monitor. It should save the presets for each resolution. So when you switch to a game that uses a different res the screen is still centered and the margins are the same.

Tried it, but it doesn't save it for each res. I think I'll just roll back my driver today and say goodbye to the even higher framerates I was getting in Quake3.

I find it usefull, especially because it would solve this exact issue very quickly.

Erik said:

not me, i thought of ATI when i saw this

No problems here. Note that the ati display property tabs can be used to adjust your screen size as well as the controls on your monitor. Maybe that's causing the problem?

Assmaster said:

No problems here. Note that the ati display property tabs can be used to adjust your screen size as well as the controls on your monitor. Maybe that's causing the problem?

Checked 'em and didn't notice anything. As soon as I can force myself to stop playing Red Faction, I'll see if it's the upgraded drivers or not.

Edit:
Nevermind. I rolled back the drivers, and when I noticed that still didn't fix the problem, I reinstalled the newest ones. Now I'm back to having no problems. Wtf happened?

It's your monitior, it's probably not plug and play. I have the same problem. Who uses that res anyway?

The gripe I have with newer Catalyst drivers is the fact that they never work on a cold boot.

No, it's a plug-n-play monitor. I fixed the problem and I don't think it was monitor related at all. And some games, such as Dino Crisis, MegaMan-X5, and the MS-Dos prompt seem to use these low resolutions.