Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

i need some textures...

i need some texture help.

can someone pelase make me a pwad with three textures not replacing any of the basic doom2 textures. the textures i want are the floor tiles RROCK12, RROCK14, and SLIME14. I tried to do it myself but i could workout how to write a custom TEXTURE1 lump and in the process i fucked up my original RROCK14. (could some one please send me that as a lump so i can fix my doom2.wad? - i had no backups.)

If you don't have time, could you at least explain how i do it myself?

thanks.

hmm, ijust read that over and it confused me. if you can't understand what i meant, i want to convert flats RROCK12, RROCK14, and SLIME14 to patches with a TEXTURE lump, and i would also like RROCK14 sent to me as flat lump.

thanks again :)

If you use the latest version of ZDoom, you can use any flat on a wall and any texture on a floor.

But if not, fire up XWE and do this:

Load the 3 patches into your wad, highlight them all, right click and 'add to patch names', then right click again and 'add to textures'. Simple!

NiGHTMARE said:

Err, the first two are already there as textures. See BSTONE2 and BIGBRIK1.

oh yeah, thanks for pointing that out nightmare.

----------------------------------------------

The Ultimate DooMer said:

If you use the latest version of ZDoom, you can use any flat on a wall and any texture on a floor.

But if not, fire up XWE and do this:

Load the 3 patches into your wad, highlight them all, right click and 'add to patch names', then right click again and 'add to textures'. Simple!

cool thanks TUD, xwe is so f'n useful!
hmm, since I am making my maps exclusivly for ZDoom (i think) i can just use the flats I need on the walls. Actually, this leads to a related question (see another bloody bz88 question :).