Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pika132

Is there any way to...

...increase the power of the player's weapons?
I'm not talking about increasing effectiveness, I mean how do I change actual damage done by each shot?

using a .deh patch it is possible, but I don't know anything about it.
Since the bullets damage are the same for your weapons and the enemies, you can't increase the power of the pistol, shotguns, or chainguns without making the zombies, seargents, commandos, and spiderdemon more powerful. At least I think so. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Making the bullet/shell weapons fire twice in one frame or something would work. but again, I know nothing about .deh files.

KoRn said:

using a .deh patch it is possible, but I don't know anything about it.
Since the bullets damage are the same for your weapons and the enemies, you can't increase the power of the pistol, shotguns, or chainguns without making the zombies, seargents, commandos, and spiderdemon more powerful. At least I think so. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yes and no.
It's not possible to change a bullet's damage because it's hard coded in the exe. The value cannot be changed. But the damage calculations are completely separate from the monsters' ones - even though they use the same formula.

Making the bullet/shell weapons fire twice in one frame or something would work. but again, I know nothing about .deh files.

That you can do. Effectively it doubles the damage of a weapon. But it also doubles all the effects that are tied to a bullet shot and these vary from one source port to another.

What would be kind of neat is a magnum pistol that can shoot through several enemies.

Actually, I wouldn't much care if the humans do more damage. It kind of goes with the theme of my .deh file. I was trying to create a 12-gauge, magnum and SMG, and it seems they should be more powerful than their DooM equivalents.