• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

McDonalds in the McWorld......?

Ralphis said:

read: FASTFOOD

so?

[edit]In case you'd need me to elaborate, my point is their food is crap compared with the rest of the fastfood restaurants. Well, that's only the Macs in US, as far as I have experienced

There are 9 Dunkin Donuts within a 10 mile radius of my house

There's a McDonalds in the ghetto, which happens to take up half of downtown (the ghetto).

I think if you walk into a McDonalds and you're not expecting dirty, unhealthy food made in less than a minute then you're a little lost. And yes, I hate McDonalds. I hate all fast food, with the execption of Taco Del Mar, Arby's, and Subway.

fodders said:

Where I live there's a KFC next to EVERY McD for some reason, is this the same everywhere?

In NYC the KFC's are next to a tacobell. Meanwhile, the MCDonalds are a few blocks away from each other here.

Fast food is mostly junk. I like A&W and KFC, they're ok. So isn't Wendy's, speaking of which I need Harv to hook me up with some burgers. =P

i hope McDonalds and microsoft never team up. we would be really screwed. though a McWindows does sound interesting.

they are everywhere, just like disney. except disney is much much more secretive

fodders said:

Where I live there's a KFC next to EVERY McD for some reason, is this the same everywhere?

Well, where I live there's a KFC just across the road (next to the cinema) from one of the 3 McD's in the town. The others are just outside the town centre (nearest one to me, about 10-12 minutes walk) and a stall in the shopping centre. Oh, and a Burger King not far from the cinema, too.

The only thing McDonalds is good for is the ice cream, the rest of their stuff is crap compared to Burger King and KFC.

Danarchy said:

I think if you walk into a McDonalds and you're not expecting dirty, unhealthy food made in less than a minute then you're a little lost. And yes, I hate McDonalds. I hate all fast food, with the execption of Taco Del Mar, Arby's, and Subway.

Well, I've been to better fastfood restaurants, ex. Chick-Fill-A is very clean and serves really good chicken sandwiches. And some McDonalds in other countries are even better than the original, you just don't know it yet

How about Starbucks? There are like 10x as many of those than there are of McDonalds. My town has I think 10 counting all the coffee bars.

Then Seattle is like even worse. I know of three seperate street corners in the city that have a Starbucks on one corner, then while you're sitting in the cafe, drinking your double tall mocha latte with whip, you can look across the intersection and see someone doing the exact same thing at the Starbucks they are sitting in. Tis crazy. There is literaly not a single block in the city where there isnt a Starbucks, though Tully's is starting to provide a lot of copetition. They bought the old Rainier brewing plant, took down the big red 'R' and put up their own big green 'T'. Hehe...

999cop said:

Well, I've been to better fastfood restaurants, ex. Chick-Fill-A is very clean and serves really good chicken sandwiches. And some McDonalds in other countries are even better than the original, you just don't know it yet

Never heard of Chick-Fill-A and I don't think I want to move to another country just to get good McDonald's.

I like the starbucks inside Barnes & Noble where's nearby my house that I can usually just walk for 10 minutes to get to there. I've never tried to order anything from there, well it's just not my kind of thing, but I do enjoy the smell coming from the cafe corner while I read for free at there

Danarchy said:

Never heard of Chick-Fill-A and I don't think I want to move to another country just to get good McDonald's.

Hmm, I should've known it's a Georgian/Atlanta thing. I never heard of Chick-Fill-A either while I was living in California. Anyway their chicken sandwiches are really good when I first tasted it(I was incredibly hungry as well, so heh)

At Easton Town Center in Columbus there are at least 5 starbucks. Easton is a big outside/inside mall. I can think of three right off of the top of my head, and I know there are more.

Sephiroth said:

i hope McDonalds and microsoft never team up. we would be really screwed. though a McWindows does sound interesting.

Happy meals come with software....!
Oh no!, what kinda monster has man created....!
Hahaha

Corvallis, where I am now, has one. From my hometown of Halsey it's about 25 miles to the nearest one (which coincidentally is the one in Corvallis).

Ed said:

There are 9 Dunkin Donuts within a 10 mile radius of my house

No. Krispy Kreme. Read it and weep with joy.

Damn, Krispy Kreme is god. Freshman year a bunch of people from my floor drove to the nearest one (near Seattle, 215 miles away) but they ended up buying very few and everyone on the floor was pretty pissed. Luckily my roommate happened to come from the place that had them (Issiquah or some such) and let us take orders from him, so I ended up with a couple dozen in time for finals week :) I think the best way to describe them is to say that they taste like sex.

Goat said:

theres a starbucks inside a church here in columbus. thats just insane

Does Starbuck buy a Starbucks at Starbucks with starbucks?

From what I can remember, there are 2 that are somewhat by my house. They are both in different directions though, then theres one just out of town. I myself don't like fast food, not like I need to cut back on my weight, but I am kind of a healthy eater and drinker. :D Though that is not saying that all fast food is unhealthy.

I like Safeway donuts more than Krispy Kreme. KK tastes all manufactured-like. Safeway ones have that wholesome taste. Or something.

Danarchy said:

I like Safeway donuts more than Krispy Kreme. KK tastes all manufactured-like. Safeway ones have that wholesome taste. Or something.

I'm not too big of a Subway fan, I seem to always feel quite sick after having subway and everytime I am there ordering my sub, the silly people mess up my order.

Subwayer: "Would you like Mayo on your sub?"
Subwayee: "No thank you, that's alright."
Subwayer: "So no Mayo?"
Subwayee: "No thank you."
Subwayer: "Oh okay. *smothers sub in Mayo*"
Subwayee: "...Hmm, well ain't that quite the pickle."
Subwayer: "Oh you want pickle?"
Subwayee: "I'll take a shot at this one. No thank you."
Subwayer: "Oh okay Pickle *puts wad of pickles on sub*"
Subwayee: "..Swing and a miss.."

Man that was a funny tasting sub. :P

That's because they are manufactured, more or less.

I'm not too big of a Subway fan, I seem to always feel quite sick after having subway and everytime I am there ordering my sub, the silly people mess up my order.

Safeway, not Subway.

Bloodshedder said:

That's because they are manufactured, more or less.

I don't care if they come out of the boil-covered ass of an obese space alien, they still taste spectacular.

You seem to have misinterpreted my comment as a dig against Krispy Kreme, whereas it was merely an objective observation. I do enjoy Krispy Kreme donuts.

Job said:

I don't care if they come out of the boil-covered ass of an obese space alien, they still taste spectacular.

you obviously didn't look at the link... i'd hardly say it makes the manufacturing of them look bad.

Bloodshedder said:

Safeway, not Subway.

Hahahaha, sorry aboot that, my eyes are lazily reading, I should really up the font size. Silly eyes. :P

sargebaldy said:

you obviously didn't look at the link... i'd hardly say it makes the manufacturing of them look bad.

Aha, but I did look at the link. The point is, I don't care how the donut is made, manufacturing or whatever the case, as long as it doesn't employ slave labor.

2 McDonalds, 1 burger king, 4 chinese places, 1 KFC, 1 Subway, 2 Taco Bell/PIzza Huts and 1 Checkers within a 3 and a half mile radius of my town (mostly down along a main road in my town.)

It's fast food hell here.