Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealthy Ivan

McDonalds in the McWorld......?

Why do people call it "Mickey D"? Is that supposed to be a short form? It's the exact number of syllables.

Hyena said:

Why do people call it "Mickey D"? Is that supposed to be a short form? It's the exact number of syllables.

I am guessing it quicker to say "Mcy D's" than the whole name, my dad always called it "Mcy dics" but I always reffer to it as Mcdumpsters. :P But that is neato, I never realized they had the same syllables. :D

pritch said:

Within a 4 mile radius of my house there are 4 McDonalds, 2 BKs, and 2 KFCs and 2 Subways. Used to be 5 McDs but they pulled the Clifton one because people there are too snooty to eat in Maccy D's apparantly.

I didn't know we even had Subways over here.

Hyena said:

Kinda like how Jack is short for Jon.

Hyena said:

Behold the power of marketing.

Danarchy said:

Kinda like how Jack is short for Jon.

'Sup.

I've got a Mcdonalds placed literally about 1 minute's walk from my house. Apart from that, there's all manner of other disgusting kebab and pizza take-aways sweating out their greasy wares nearby.

Nearest mcdonalds here is in the next town (I think they have two there).
But there's a mcdonalds not one kilometer from my parents home.
I never visit mcd though; They have a bad reputation when it comes to labour unions.

I think I've had the last of McDonalds. We haven't eaten there in so long. We had them for dinner last night and I was up puking at 1:30 a.m. Then was up the rest of the night, every hour, on the hour, just feeling horrible. No more McDonalds. Ugh!

I had already gotten sick of their food a long time, and the only reason why I still went there up to that point was for their Egg McMuffins. However, after I ended up with eggshells in my sandwiches for the third time, that's when I had enough. Throw in the rude and utterly incompetent employees, the sodas with the random cockroach in it (that happened to my sister on more than one occasion), at least one instance where they wouldn't open on time because they were understaffed (not fun when you're in a hurry and want to get breakfast), and their pathetic attempts at making halfway decent chicken nuggets, and you have one place I will never visit again.

They're fish sandwiches aren't bad, though, but there are much better places to get one.

My experiences with the hygienic quality of McDonalds' food haven't been that bad. I won't eat there unless there's no other choice, though.