Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

Is Doom3/Quake4 going to support TrueForm?

I'm Just wonder ing if Doom3/Quake4 is going to support TrueForm?I'm Going to buy a Radeon 8500 card when it is realesed.....

I'm Going to buy a Radeon 8500 card when it is realesed.....

The worst possible time to buy any piece of hardware.

What the hell do you mean it's the worst time to buy one?My crappy GF2 MX can't even play Black&White in 800x640 in res whit the lowest quality (Duron 800 256 MB ram) I like the card really much and i just wondering if Doom3/Quake4 is going to support TrueForm?

My crappy GF2 MX can't even play Black&White in 800x640 in res whit the lowest quality

I'm sure you mean 800x600. And I've played Black & White myself on a P3 850Mhz with 128Mb RAM and a lousy TNT2 - and that worked just fine.

Really?I'm using T&L and still 30 frames per second in 800x600 >:(.Thats why i'm going to buy a Radeon 8500 to make Black&White run in higher res and 60 frames per second

What the hell do you mean it's the worst time to buy one?My crappy GF2 MX can't even play Black&White in 800x640 in res whit the lowest quality (Duron 800 256 MB ram)

I have a P3-500 and a TNT2 non-Ultra, and I was able to run it just fine, even with all the bells and whistles turned on.

Trueform? I'm pretty sure that's not viable. Since the low-poly models use the hi ones as reference/render, how could the video card tessellate the stuff without fucking up the system?

There's a great difference between drawing models in the old engines and doing it in this one. I'll say all those model-specific hardware features won't work well with this scheme. Dunno about vertex shaders, but looks like id's not using them neither...