Favorite Tool Album

See title of thread  

22 members have voted

1. 1. See title of thread

• Opiate
    • Undertow
    • Aenima
    • Lateralus
    • No comment/Don`t like Tool/Never heard of them/Insert anti-Tool flame here/Heh

My fave so far is uh, um....dammit, it's a mix between Aenima and Lateralus.

Mer de Noms...wait... :P

Actually, I've only heard Aenima and Lateralus, and Aenima is the album I first heard and still consider the better of the two, but Lateralus is still good...damn it, why do I gotta choose favorites?! :P

undertow, although i would've said differently during the weeks after lateralus' release.

I dunno, toss up between Lateralus and Aenima. Aenima has all those damn filler tracks, but the first half of Lateralus (well up until Parabol/Parabola) pretty much sucked. Other than that, the songs on both albums were total sex. Reflection is my favorite tool song of all time.

I heard about Tool, looked a bit into him, and I felt completely disillusioned when I found out he wasn't actually a real tool.

Tool sucks. I can't stand maynards moaning, and the music drives me up the wall, no thanks to my brother who would turn his stereo up to full volume with all of his Tool Albums in the CD tray and leave the house. While I was asleep. Fucking pissed me off no end, It's pretty much why I can't stand tool.

On the other hand though, and quite strange, is the fact that I don't mind A Perfect Circle at all. Infact a couple of APC songs are really good. It pisses me off no end when people decide to be helpful and point out "But Maynard is in APC" I mean, really? How did I discover APC then? Pisses me off no end. Sorry, I'm in a bit of a bad mood atm.

Undertow and Opiate are very different from Lateralus and Aenima IMO. They are still good, but very different. [The former are] sort of old school if you will. The newer Tool is more reflective and meaningful. I'm not sure which I like better, but since Sober is my all time favorite song by Tool, and considering I have 3 other all-time Tool favorites on same CD, I'd have to go with Undertow. ^_^

EDIT: Oh yea, Opiate was a fucking joke. $14.99 for six fucking tracks. But, heh, that hidden track is teh funney ;)

I had a friend once he took some acid
Now he thinks he's a fire engine
It's okay until he pisses on your lighter
Kinda smells kinda cool kinda funny anyway

satan, satan, satan...

I had a friend once he took some ecstasy
Tried to marry me and every one in the room
He was sort of loving kinda caring,
kinda tried to fuck my lazy boy
It got a bit messy all over the curtains,
arm chair covers, throw pillows, and carpeting

satan, satan, satan...

I'm getting bored again...

Danarchy said:

I dunno, toss up between Lateralus and Aenima. Aenima has all those damn filler tracks, but the first half of Lateralus (well up until Parabol/Parabola) pretty much sucked. Other than that, the songs on both albums were total sex. Reflection is my favorite tool song of all time.

Heh, I liked pretty much all the songs on Lateralus, especially The Grudge and The Patient, two of the best ever Tool songs. I also really liked Disposition for some reason.

Opiate is my favourite EP, but Aenima is my favourite Tool album overall. The only thing I don't like about it is the filler tracks, which take up 1/3 of the cd. Argh

Right around Lateralus I was a bit in doubt wither Lataralus was better than Aenima.

As I look back, however I like Aenima more. I like Aenima for this whole beefy mood it conjures forth when listening to it in it's entirety.

I do really like some of Lateralus' track though. My favourite must be Disposition.

pregnant with worms said:

this sums up my feelings about tool pretty well.

The SA writers either have horrible, horrible taste in music or they just like to anger people. Probably the latter. Theres a reason I never read their music 'reviews'.

Not a big TooL fan myself either, but Opiate and Ænima are both good. Opiate has a good drive, but lacks the dynamics of Ænima, so which one is the favourite dependes on the mood, really.

Danarchy said:

The SA writers either have horrible, horrible taste in music or they just like to anger people. Probably the latter. Theres a reason I never read their music 'reviews'.

Or maybe some people are being fanboys.

Danarchy said:

i don't know. i think it's pretty accurate. did you read it?

EDIT: i'm asking because of the last sentence you wrote, by the way.

I have no problems thinking tool is a great band while simultaneously thinking they're full of shit. I don't care about anything but if I find the sound emitted from the speakers pleasant.

pregnant with worms said:

i don't know. i think it's pretty accurate. did you read it?
EDIT: i'm asking because of the last sentence you wrote, by the way.

Yes, I've read both that and the Radiohead reviews and possibly a couple others. They are wrong on very many points. They're either just trying to piss people off or they're stupid.

Rellik said:

I have no problems thinking tool is a great band while simultaneously thinking they're full of shit. I don't care about anything but if I find the sound emitted from the speakers pleasant.

Best post in this thread.