Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Robocop vs. The Terminator

Who'd win the fight?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd win the fight?

• RoboCop
    • The Terminator (T-800)

This is kinda inspired by the old game, which I used to absolutely love on the Genesis

So, who'd win?

In my opinion, RoboCop would win. Why? Let's take into account the fact that humans have an unnervingly strong will to survive. Now, the Terminator is a machine, sure, which will stop at nothing to complete its mission. That can be seen in the first movie. But even so, we humans managed to overcome the machines self-preservation and willingness to complete its mission with our need to survive. RoboCop is part human. He posesses this will to survive in him still. I just think that he'd stop at nothing 'till the Terminator was...terminated.

What if they teamed up???
And killed every one?
Then they got the aliens involved, and that caused the preditor to take notice and then....
Shit went down! What kinda movie would ya have then huh?

Stealthy Ivan said:

What if they teamed up???
And killed every one?
Then they got the aliens involved, and that caused the preditor to take notice and then....
Shit went down! What kinda movie would ya have then huh?

The doom movie!!

I would put my money on The terminator. Being human is robocop's weakness, despite a strong will to live.

/me does his hilarious Robocop impression by moving slowly and talking like a retard... then he swings a gun from his thigh.

No robocop is too slow... and weak. Terminator Handsdown.

OMG this owuld make a great TC!! WAIT!! What if we threw Aliens and the Predator into the mix too!!! OMG!

Terminator. Robocop has had his ass handed to him by petty thugs.

DJ_Haruko said:

Oh yeah, RoboCop already won in the comic series.

Thanks for ruining it!

Assmaster said:

Terminator. Robocop has had his ass handed to him by petty thugs.

And the Terminator got his ass beaten by a waitress. Those thugs killed Murphy, then he was turned into Robocop.

Robocop 2, he gets dismembered by Cain's group of druggie Jesus freaks. Of course, if you look at the cyborg he does battle with at the end of the movie, it might sway your opinions as to who would win.

Robocop sucks. Terminator totally owns. Which is more scary?

Of course, Robocop had to win because "the law always wins" or some other bullshit. <3 Terminator <3

Fredrik said:

But does being stronger make him win?

Stronger as in better (the winner) and not just pure strength.

According to the comics, Robocop plugging himself into Skynet is what made it sentient.

I'm related to the actor who plays the Terminator. Who else whould I pick?

Edit: And the Terminator is a lot more human than Robocop, despite the fact that he's entirely machine.

I like everything about the Terminator better. Robocop looks retarded when he doesn't have his faceplate and everytime he comes across a robot bigger than him he gets his ass handed to him. The Terminator may look scrawny in pure "robot mode", but it still looks truly menacing with the skull head and the blazing red "eyes".

Oh and who could forget the part after 209 smacks Robocop about, there's a whole army of human cops waiting for him - the Terminator could just "neutralize" all of 'em even after having been beaten around (without killing anyone!), but Robocop had to hightail it.

I think the Terminator would win - Robocop would probably hightail it if it ever came to a confrontation (just like the humans did).

Nah, Robocop wouldn't be able to win without help. The waitress who beat the Terminator got an assload of help from an elite trooper with a lifetime's experience in handing robotic asses to the terminators - he smacked up the Terminator pretty good before he kicked the bucket - she just had to finish the job on a really crippled Terminator.

The Terminator hands down. Theres only one robocop and 1000s of t-800.
Pluse they can go back and time and make sure there isnt any robocop.
The alien/terminator will own both of them any day.

And it all comes down to 3 things:

Processing power (Terminator wins, RoboCop is a retard)
Hydrolics (raw strength. Again, Terminator) and
Weight (Dunno. Probably also Terminator, RoboCop is made of plastic)

RoboCop is a human with the strength of a robot.
The Terminator is a machine with the processing power of a human.

RoboCop is the first of his line.
The Terminator isn't.

dsm said:

...The waitress who beat the Terminator got an assload of help from an elite trooper with a lifetime's experience in handing robotic asses to the terminators...

Robocop isn't an elite trooper with lots of experience in defeating cyborgs? :P

There is one point that no one seems to have mentioned yet: infiltration. Because the Terminator would just like any other human, he has the element of surprise. Also, with the ability to synthesize any voice and blend in, it's quite possible for him to defeat Robocop before he even knows what's coming, and maybe even while he's offline in that chair.

Now, if it was a fair fight, the Terminator would probably win anyway. Their armor can take about the same amount of damage, but the Terminator has a big advantage in offensive power.

darknation said:

if the terminator can synthesize any voice, how come he chooses to sound like a mentally retarded Austrian?

It's as inconspicious as Ford Prefect.

Tobester said:

Robocop isn't an elite trooper with lots of experience in defeating cyborgs? :P

That's totally beside the point f00l :-P
Quit taking my arguments out of context - it's rather annoying.

darknation said:

if the terminator can synthesize any voice, how come he chooses to sound like a mentally retarded Austrian?

I thought it was to hide the fact that the Terminator's social programming is rather lacking. Laying on the accent might make people write off his odd behvaior as just being a foreigner.

The Terminator would totally win though, since RoboCop still has some human tissue that's vital to his operation. I don't understand why anybody didn't shoot his face off in any of the movies.