Remilia Scarlet

Robocop vs. The Terminator

Who'd win the fight?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd win the fight?

• RoboCop
    • The Terminator (T-800)

david_a said:

I thought it was to hide the fact that the Terminator's social programming is rather lacking. Laying on the accent might make people write off his odd behvaior as just being a foreigner.

Though "odd behaviour" really just means "Arnold's bad acting".

david_a said:

I don't understand why anybody didn't shoot his face off in any of the movies.

For the same reason james bond doesn't get shot in the face. Although 'Robocop3: Shot in the face' would have made a better film.

david_a said:

The Terminator would totally win though, since RoboCop still has some human tissue that's vital to his operation. I don't understand why anybody didn't shoot his face off in any of the movies.

His face is fake. It's covering a synthetic jaw. The only thing that's left is a few organs, if you remember from the movie. And personally, after finding Robocop blueprints, I think that means a brain and not much else.

As for firepower, in the series, I remember seeing Robocop take on a plasma rifle someone had. He also can get some good firepower, such as that 3-in-one arm he has (it has a rocket launcher on it). And don't forget the Cobra Assault Cannon. From the series, he had remote detonation bombs in his other leg.

Robocop 2 also gave RoboCop a good fight, what all with a shoulder mounted cannon, the minigun, welder, and tossing him off the top of the OCP building. The fact that RoboCop was able to actually pull Robocop 2, who would have obviously weighed a ton, as he fought back is a showing that Robocop does indeed have alot of strength.

Fredrik said:

Though "odd behaviour" really just means "Arnold's bad acting".

I'm not sure it's really bad acting; I mean, he is portraying a cyborg, when was the last time you saw a real one running around to compare him to? :)

Szymanski said:

Although 'Robocop3: Shot in the face' would have made a better film.

Absolutely. RoboCop3 was utter trash in every sense of the word. The budget, writing, and even the film it was shot on all were substantially worse than on the tv show.

DJ_Haruko
His face is fake. It's covering a synthetic jaw. The only thing that's left is a few organs, if you remember from the movie. And personally, after finding Robocop blueprints, I think that means a brain and not much else.

I haven't seen the first one in forever, so that may be true. The second one (which I've seen approx. 17845 times) doesn't really say anything about his face being fake. They mention that his face is cold to the touch, but I always thought that was because the tissue was dead or something (zombie RoboCop!).

I do think that RoboCop is both stronger and definitely heavier (it took like 8 people to carry him in RC2) than a T-800, but he's just too big of a dufuss to be a challenge. As for hardiness, RoboCop didn't fair too well when he was half-way disassembled in the second film, while the T-800 was still lethal after getting blown in half in T1.

dsm said:

That's totally beside the point f00l :-P
Quit taking my arguments out of context - it's rather annoying.

But it's fun! :(

Fun fact: the guy who played Robocop (Peter Weller) is actually teaching a film class at my school, this semester. No joke.

HateFactor said:

Fun fact: the guy who played Robocop (Peter Weller) is actually teaching a film class at my school, this semester. No joke.

Heh, get him to sign a Naked Lunch poster or something.

HateFactor said:

Damn, wish I could be at that school just for that class.

HateFactor said:

"Mr. Weller? On my message board a bunch of guys were talking about who would win in a fight, Robocop or Terminator."

The Terminator, those who said otherwise need to get put on my medication.

Robocop is the shit, and the Terminator is cool.

um...

fuck it, Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) pwns you all.

david_a said:

As for hardiness, RoboCop didn't fair too well when he was half-way disassembled in the second film, while the T-800 was still lethal after getting blown in half in T1.

You also realize he was hit with an EMP type charge before they dismantled him, right? I think the Terminator would have not faired any better.

HateFactor said:

Dude that fucking rules. I would give something valuble of mine away to meet that guy, I fucking worshiped him since Kindergarten (Robocop was my all time favorite movie, the guy at Blockbuster made me a copy of it because we rented it so much and gave me a free poster)

scarecrow said:

You also realize he was hit with an EMP type charge before they dismantled him, right? I think the Terminator would have not faired any better.

He breaks into a power substation and grabs ahold of both the, uh, electricity things later on, which is a hell of a lot more power than that shitty souped up stun-gun the girl shot him with. All that did was clear his prime directives, so I don't think the stun-gun was a major contributor to him being f0x0r3d up.

scarecrow said:

fuck it, Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) pwns you all.

Your momma was a snowblower!

Johnny 5 would get his ass kicked, cause he has feelings and shit.

david_a said:

He breaks into a power substation and grabs ahold of both the, uh, electricity things later on, which is a hell of a lot more power than that shitty souped up stun-gun the girl shot him with. All that did was clear his prime directives, so I don't think the stun-gun was a major contributor to him being f0x0r3d up.

I don't think that was a stun gun. It looked to me as if that was a gun that sucked energy out of him in some way, which would better explain why he then had little strength.

The Terminator has shown several times that even after having its power shutoff or cells destroyed, the Terminator Rerouts power to revive itself, even after being inflicted by HEAVY damage.

MaximusNukeage said:

but johnny 5 has a LAZER CANNON!

I concur. I vote for Johnny 5!

Okay,unless RoboCop has his jetpack and rocket launcher equipped,Terminator would definately kick his ass all over the city.Especially if it's the T-800.The T-800 may be absolete but he whipped both the T-1000 and the T-X.Arnold is the best Terminator,T-1000 is second best.He was more of a emotionless killing maching than T-X.

But the really question is who would win in a battle between B.J. Blazkowicz and the Doom marine.And I definately think Blade can seriously screw up that bitch Bloodrayne.

Thunderlord Jemanie said:

But the really question is who would win in a battle between B.J. Blazkowicz and the Doom marine.And I definately think Blade can seriously screw up that bitch Bloodrayne.

i coukd,m uh, do your mom.

Hey did anyone know Short Circuit and SC2 are on DVD?/ that's fucking awesome. and look up some stuff on robocop and terminator, fansites, they fucking' aroolv

scarecrow said:

i coukd,m uh, do your mom.

Hey did anyone know Short Circuit and SC2 are on DVD?/ that's fucking awesome. and look up some stuff on robocop and terminator, fansites, they fucking' aroolv

First off:Yes,I knew Short circuit 1 & 2 were both on DVD because they are bringing all movies onto DVD.

Second off:Before you can even touch my mom,you'd have to answer to my 12 gauge,and unless you're wearing some type of super badass military armor,you ain't gonna get even close because I aim for people's heads.PEACE DAMN IT!!!

The Terminator would pick up R2D2 and use him as a bullet in a really large gun.