Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Robocop vs. The Terminator

Who'd win the fight?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd win the fight?

• RoboCop
    • The Terminator (T-800)

Ha! Terminator would be a pice of cake for robocop. A human brain will always beat an artificial. (well, atleast a normal human brain, most of you here have inferior brains.)

The WOPR releases nuclear death all over the entire planet, killing all combatants. The only way to win is not to play.

KoRn said:

They are both no match for gumby..

I agree with this. Gumby is so versatile and can anticipate the slow robotics' movements.

Pokey the penguin, of course.
Pokey and his pals have fun while learning about the dangers of the arctic circle.

Janderson said:

What about RoboCod and the Worminator?

I read that as robocock.

I'm guessing you never heard of him.

James Pond. Codename: Robocod.

Danarchy said:

Um, I meant Pokey from the old Gumby shows.

Heh. I know. :p I just like making things overly confusing.

The terminator obviously.

And even if he DIDN'T win, they'd just send another to finish the mission!

Anyone ever notice how Skynet likes to send one and only one terminator on the most critically important missions? Is it afraid that more than one will blow their cover? I think it's safe to say that every Terminator blows their cover pretty quickly anyway.

I've wondered about that myself. If you're worried, why not send 200,000 terminators to kill the guy?

I'm sure it was some lame storyline I missed about how they can only send one machine every movie.

Hyena said:

Anyone ever notice how Skynet likes to send one and only one terminator on the most critically important missions? Is it afraid that more than one will blow their cover? I think it's safe to say that every Terminator blows their cover pretty quickly anyway.

It's a movie. An action movie at that.

Hyena said:

A good story leaves a few things unanswered and to people's imaginations.

But yes, it's weird. My guess is that the time machine can only transport one "entity" at once - but then, Skynet could just have a cue of Terminators to go in one, by one.

Another reason could be that the Rebels are winning the war and they've obliterated almost all the Terminators, so Skynet has only one spare T-800 to send, while it manufactures the T-1000 and when the T-1000 is ready, it begins manufacturing the T-X.

But yeah, it's an action movie so naturally, there are a few things missing in the logics department.

Shaviro said:

"Terminator" is all about the concept and not an in-depth and detailed storyline.

Yeah, but analyzing aspects is always fun - it's just like Doom. All concept, but it's fun to analyze :-P

Ever play Terminator for Sega? In there you, Kyle Reed, have to plant time-bombs before you go into the future. As soon as you go they blow stopping reinforcements from coming through, for both sides. The T-800 probably did the same (twice in a damn row).

Or maybe SkyNet is just a glib bastard.

Janderson said:

Ever play Terminator for Sega? In there you, Kyle Reed, have to plant time-bombs before you go into the future. As soon as you go they blow stopping reinforcements from coming through, for both sides. The T-800 probably did the same (twice in a damn row).

Or maybe SkyNet is just a glib bastard.

or maybe just maybe it's only a movie

Terminator would kick the living fuckin shit out of robofag and even make him puke up his breakfast by kicking him in the ass.

dsm said:

Another reason could be that the Rebels are winning the war and they've obliterated almost all the Terminators, so Skynet has only one spare T-800 to send, while it manufactures the T-1000 and when the T-1000 is ready, it begins manufacturing the T-X.

Even if that was true, couldn't they just send all of them to the same point in time?

Nanami said:

Even if that was true, couldn't they just send all of them to the same point in time?

Plot holes allow action movies to exist.

In the first film, Kyle claims that the resistance had basically won. The Future War scene in the beginning of T2 was actually supposed to be much longer, showing how the resistance captured the "Time Displacement" equiptment, sent Kyle and the T-800 back, and blew the whole place. My guess is that SkyNet's end was rather quick, so it didn't have time to send more than 2 units back through time. Maybe the facility wasn't operational in time, I dunno... I'm sure that thing has a recharching cycle before you can send someone through again, too.

I don't have an explanation for why it didn't send both units to 1984, though:)

...imagines all the confusion that would occur if three T800s (two good, one evil), one T1000, one T-X, and one human, all travelling back to 1984...

What a strange movie that would be.

Nanami said:

Could it be that their targetting for that is only based on approximation? Perhaps travelling a greater distance in time requires a greater amount of energy or other resources as well, making 1984 possible from where they were when the first T-800 was ready to go, but not when the T-1000 or the T-X were.

So yeah, I don't really see that as a plot hole.