Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fwank

daedalus in doomsday?...

I had recently downloaded the daedalus.wad file of the tnt team & i tried to run it using the doomsday port (1.7.14 vers.) but it was impossible: The title screens appeared, but when i tried to play the program crashed.I already know that this wad can be ran with the zdoom but i prefer the doomsday port.Please help me any advice will be helpfull..sorry for my english.thanks in advance& keep playing DOOM

ok i already know that,but i appreciate your early reply.The zdoom is a good port but i prefer the doomsday,because of its improved graphics.Do u know a way to improve the display of zdoom?(without changing the resolution of course)

fwank said:

ok i already know that,but i appreciate your early reply.The zdoom is a good port but i prefer the doomsday,because of its improved graphics.Do u know a way to improve the display of zdoom?(without changing the resolution of course)

Not yet. ZDoomGL is still in early development and the current version is far too slow to handle the more complex Daedalus maps.

You could always spend a few years combining the code from ZDoom and Doomsday into one port...

NiGHTMARE said:

You could always spend a few years combining the code from ZDoom and Doomsday into one port...

I'd rather wait for an eventual source release of Risen3D! ;-)

Mordeth said:

Risen3D is a Boom-compatible port, not Zdoom-compatible :)

That wasn't what I meant. I'd rather try to combine ZDoom with Risen3D than with Doomsday.