Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjim

doom demo with secrets

please could someone post links to where i can get a playable demo for zdoom or the doomsday engine with :
ultimate doom all secrets
doom2 all secrets
final doom all secrets
I have tried dozens but they either don't work with the above ports or they are just superhero speed runs.

jjim said:

please could someone post links to where i can get a playable demo for zdoom or the doomsday engine with :
ultimate doom all secrets
doom2 all secrets
final doom all secrets
I have tried dozens but they either don't work with the above ports or they are just superhero speed runs.

You won't have much luck to find any demos dor ZDoom. It's not goal of this engine to maintain demo compatibility between versions and considering the frequent releases it seems nobody records any.

As Graf Zahl said, you won't have much luck finding such demos made in ZDoom or Doomsday because most people don't record demos in those ports. Here's a couple of solutions:

1. Get PrBoom at http://prboom.sourceforge.net/windows.html .
2. Install PrBoom.
3. Download demos from the COMPET-N, the "max" categories are the interesting ones (kill all monsters, find all secrets). Although PrBoom doesn't "notify" you when you've found a secret the same way ZDoom does, you should still be able to recognize when secrets are found.

Look for the demos in these folders:
*Doom 2 max
*Ultimate Doom max
*TNT:Evilution max
*Plutonia Experiment max

These demos should all work with PrBoom. If they don't come back and ask for more help. ;-)

There are also some "help demos" demonstrating all secrets in specific maps to help you find all the secrets available (often played with no monsters), not sure where to find those though.

For Final Doom, there's also an official guide found here (for TNT:Evilution) and here (for the Plutonia Experiment).

Thanks prboom should do the trick.
Does anyone know where these "help demos " can be found

Kristian
Thanks very much for your help
Is there a link for ultimate doom and doom2 for secrets listed in the same format as the final doom help link that you posted?

Another demo category that might interest you is NM100S. There the goal is to find all the secrets and exit the map on Nightmare skill.

If you watch the demos with prboom or eternity, you can see when the secrets are triggered if you use a HUD configuration that displays kills, items and secrets (press "+" a few times - twice is normally sufficient - until it appears).

Kristian Ronge said:

... But the demos are available at http://classicdoom.com/ :-)

Or just Google the word DOOMHELP and click the first result. :-)

Jjim, if you don't find what you're looking for at that site (if there are specific Doom/Doom II secrets you want demo'd), write to me (there's a link on that page) and I'll whip one up and email it back.

anyone thinks that a demopack showing all secrets would be a good idea ?

would be rather slow paced. And use your fist when you are on a secret sector ?

anyone thinking that could be usefull just let me know :)
I think that could be done for any wads.