Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

DooM Xtreme Gold

DooM 2 Xtreme GOLD is a doom2 wad, it's not illegal it just gets a bad wrap.

The wad is one of those INSANE deh patches that increases all the weapons by 20x speed and power. It's still fun to use all the new weapons (rips from other games and slightly modified) in eXtreme ways.

The reason Doom2 Extreme GOLD is so frowned upon, is its use of other people's wads. I believe it has most of the levels taken from other places like Memento Mori or Hell revealed... or something like that.

To be honest, it can be fun to play (I spent many hours back in 98 playing it) but I can see how others have such strong feelings towards it.

Both Xtreme versions are basically all about modified stuff like double super shotguns, superchainguns,...etc. Not very worth to keep imo, and probably no one really does, otherwise someone would've uploaded it

Scuba Steve said:

The reason Doom2 Extreme GOLD is so frowned upon, is its use of other people's wads. I believe it has most of the levels taken from other places like Memento Mori or Hell revealed... or something like that.

It uses a map or some maps from Final DooM to, I think from plutonia, and it also uses alot of walls from Final DooM.

If you want insane weapon speed/power, use suprwep8.deh. No need for crappy ripped off levels.

chilvence said:

alias zapow "mdk; wait 1; zapow"
zapow

Simply awesome. Just played HR2 32 with that on and it took 7:53 with 100% kills. :p