Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crix

Hope I see this on my screen soon!!

Interesting stuff - thx Crix.

What!? A small health pack gives you 15 health points? It gave 10 hp in classic Doom, boo!

j/k :-P

I wonder if this is the layout of the Doom 3 option menus...

That had better be 5 rockets per round, not 5 rockets total like in Half-Life.

Ichor said:

That had better be 5 rockets per round, not 5 rockets total like in Half-Life.

It's x per round for all the other weapons, so...

Awesome awesome...Heh, I can't help but think "Quake" when I see the armor shards...

Ichor said:

Actually, Quake 2 had the armor shards.

I was referring to the game property of Quake in general, thanks.

But yes, I'm happy to see the armor helmets replaced by something more...logical.

With the per-poly hit detection they could include helmet pickups that would actually protect the head area.

Is that a poster on a wall or a monitor screen? Nice stylish layout though, gives good signs about what the in-game interface will look like.

I want this cleared up so badly its actually forced me to post for once. :)

Fredrik said:

Poster on a wall.

I really don't think that can be any more obvious. ;-)

The machine gun in that picture has a lot of the geometric characteristics of the P90 submachinegun, except that the P90 carries (was it 50 or 90 rounds?), teflon-coated .223 (I think) (non-magnum, unlike the common M16 rounds). Just something I noticed. It's the stock and the grip...

Ultraviolet said:

The machine gun in that picture has a lot of the geometric characteristics of the P90 submachinegun, except that the P90 carries (was it 50 or 90 rounds?)

In cs, it carries 50.

It holds 50 IRL, and it doesn't shoot .223s it shoots these little 5.7mm rifle-style rounds. But yeah, it's obviously based on the P90

The handgun looks like it's been designed off from "BladeRunner" I think his gun is called the "Decker Blaster." It should also shoot more rds per magazine. At least as much as the Baretta 93R's 21 rd standard magazine.

The "Shotgun" should hold more shells than 8, I mean, Hell, the Rem870/Ithaca series could be fitted with 9-10 shot magazine extenders. Being this suppose to be future weapons an all......

They should change the Machingun's name to "SUB"gun.

2nd malee weapon? Hmmph! I'm tellin' ya'll right now, If you can beat down and KILL any badguy tougher than a "former human" with that "Flashlight"!! I'm going to file a SERIOUS COMPLAINT!!

Prime said:

I really don't think that can be any more obvious. ;-)

Yeah I know but "I hope to see this on my screen soon" misleads you to think otherwise. On Planetdoom the thread about it calls it a "screenshot" of the menu.

tsareppsun said:

The handgun looks like it's been designed off from "BladeRunner" I think his gun is called the "Decker Blaster." It should also shoot more rds per magazine. At least as much as the Baretta 93R's 21 rd standard magazine.

The "Shotgun" should hold more shells than 8, I mean, Hell, the Rem870/Ithaca series could be fitted with 9-10 shot magazine extenders. Being this suppose to be future weapons an all......

They should change the Machingun's name to "SUB"gun.

2nd malee weapon? Hmmph! I'm tellin' ya'll right now, If you can beat down and KILL any badguy tougher than a "former human" with that "Flashlight"!! I'm going to file a SERIOUS COMPLAINT!!

Oh quit being such a freaking gun nut - it's just a game. The weapons are meant to 1) be faithful to the original (the old shotgun came with eight shells, so naturally the new one should hold eight shells) and 2) be balanced.

Oh and if the flashlight can't deal some half-decent damage, what good is it anyway? It's meant to be used as a last resort weapon, but still, that doesn't mean that it should be utterly useless.

I think the large health item looks interesting, but the shot is still a bit unclear so it's hard to tell what exactly it is. Looks like a device mounted on a wall.

dsm said:

Oh and if the flashlight can't deal some half-decent damage, what good is it anyway?

Lighting up dark rooms and corridors I suppose.

Ichor said:

Lighting up dark rooms and corridors I suppose.

I thought that's what the pistol was for (as in Doom) :P

That's what I thought the infrared goggles were for.

4242nd post, heheh.

I don't know...Bludgeoning a demon's skull with a Maglite could be fun! ;-)

All I know is, I can't wait to get my hands on that plasma rifle. That was always one of my favorites...

dsm said:

Oh and if the flashlight can't deal some half-decent damage, what good is it anyway? It's meant to be used as a last resort weapon, but still, that doesn't mean that it should be utterly useless.

Fists = last resort!

dsm said:

Oh quit being such a freaking gun nut - it's just a game

Said the lunatic fanboy. Nothing personal :p

Yeah, this does look really cool - especially what appears to be the first glimpse of what the berserker powerup is going to look like. Plasma gun and Rocket Launcher look pretty neat as well. Thanks for the link !