Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkhaven4

Some DEH Shit

Got a question about how to use WhackEd2? "How do I make that reloadable Uzi from HACX"? "How do I make a breakable lamp"? Ask me something about WhackEd2 if you want to. I felt the need to do this because I'm noticing that there are a good bit of n00b wads floating around the web...I was thinking, "Hell, why not take a try at whacking some DEH sense into their thick skulls?"

Also, I have a new DEH that I'm working on. It makes the pistol, shotgun, chaingun (replaced with uzi) and plasmagun reloadable. It should be released relatively soon.

The HACX Uzi isn't reloadable, it just goes into a reload frame sequence when you stop firing, just like how the plasma rifle recoils when you let off the trigger.

Linguica is right, You can't make the weapons reloadable in DooM. I have a few weapons lately I've made that "reload" when they are brought up... but it's just part of the "weapon up" frame, and not actually cycled based on how many shots have been fired.

Is that railgun reload in Skulltag hardcoded? Or is it some fancy dehacked work? I assume it's the former, but heh, you never know.

Linguica said:

The HACX Uzi isn't reloadable, it just goes into a reload frame sequence when you stop firing, just like how the plasma rifle recoils when you let off the trigger.

'Zactly. I saw it fit to say "reload" because the sprites depict your dude loading a clip into the gun.

A "reload" feature means, strictly speaking, that the game remembers how many bullets are left in your current clip and will automatically go into reload mode when that number reaches zero. This just isn't feasible with only a Dehacked patch to work with... you'll need eg. a script that remembers this clip count.

I hope to answer to my question:Is it possible with the whacked2 to import custom graphics (replace the skin of a weapon with another),or i have to use a graphic editor?Thanks in advance

fwank said:

I hope to answer to my question:Is it possible with the whacked2 to import custom graphics (replace the skin of a weapon with another),or i have to use a graphic editor?Thanks in advance

You have to use a lump management program, like Wintex or XWE.