Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Caco-Puff

A Cacodemon is a real thing?

Yeah I got bored so I put CacoDemon into google and got some stuff back,This was one of them.

Cacodemon [KAK-oe-DEE-mun]
Chaos pantheon -- chaos gods of anarchy, murder, and ogres
A cacodemon is a demonic remnant of the Devil, left over when Wakboth was smashed by the Block, a massive slab of truestone, in Prax. These beings more resemble huge monsters than demigods, but are the center of a loosely organized cult. They occasionally appear in person to aid or menace their few cultists. No more than a score of cacodemons are proven to exist worldwide, and only one ever appears at a time.
A cacodemon is usually about twelve feet tall, winged, clawed, and tailed. Sooty dirt begrimes his thorny skin. He is accompanied by a stench of sulfur and carrion, and various other chaotic details.

For more information on Cacodemon, see the Cult of Cacodemon.

http://www.glorantha.com/library/prosopaedia/c.html#cacodemon

The word predates Doom, as do several other of the monsters' names. That doesn't make them real, of course.

You believe monsters are real?
Freak ;-P

Nanami said:

I don't know about you, dsm, but I have a pet Cyberdemon to keep intruders away...

Better hope them intruders aren't experienced Doom marines - I'd hate to hear that your cute little pet got hurt ;-P

Btw, I admire your taste in pets - a cyberdemon would be my choice for a pet if I could find any. We don't have portals to Hell over here :-/

Fredrik said:

Or cacao. Well, almost. Mmm chocolate.

In a desperate attempt to use up some Roubles, I once bought a "kakao puding" mix in Estonia, but never dared used it in fear of what evil lay within.

The "shit" meaning may be due to Latin (cacare = to empty one's bowels; caco = I shit).

Quast said:
It's the head of an astral dreadnaught.

That's irrelevant because that monster, with that name, was created... that is, given stats and shit, long after the Cacodemon was made. It's simply the head of an unnamed monster in a piece of artwork by Jeff Easley, done for an AD&D rule-book cover.

Grazza said:
The word predates Doom, as do several other of the monsters' names. That doesn't make them real, of course.

Yeah, like "Shotgun Guy" or "Marine". I mean, come on! Who believes any of these creatures really exist?

Nanami said:

I don't know about you, dsm, but I have a pet Cyberdemon to keep intruders away...

I hope you have had better luck than me. I've always gotten these defective ones that aren't immune to explosions so they always eventually kill themselves. I was unable to get any cages that keep them far enough away from walls but let rockets pass through.

The dilemma is, he's the one that'll fuck you up. :-P

But I admit it would be handy to have him around when organizing a large barbeque. A great way to cut back on expenses for coal, a grill, matches, etc.

Also, he could potentially be useful for insurance fraud. It'd be hard for any investigator to find a deliberate cause of fire.

Kristian Ronge said:

The dilemma is, he's the one that'll fuck you up. :-P

Both true. Archviles have some weird sense. First, they kill other monsters (also called infighting) and later resurrect them. Weird AI indeed. :)

Kristian Ronge said:

Yeah, like "Shotgun Guy" or "Marine". I mean, come on! Who believes any of these creatures really exist?

Let alone nazis...