Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown

Zaldron just how realistic will Doom3 be?

I'm just wondering if you know whats so realistic whit doom3?Can you shoot the imps fucking head of or the fat Mancubus legs?Or wha?

Next time you make a typo, just click 'edit' to correct it.
I can answer your question too... Nobody knows exactly how realistic it'll be. Ok, nobody except ID Software. We just haven't seen enough yet.

Who knows?

Carmack says a game that looks so damn good needs a realistic gameplay, because otherwise it looks damn funny instead of scary.

Just imagine how stupid would look real-life people running at 90 km/h, jumping like idiots and firing rocket-launchers all the friggin time. Hilarious? hell, yeah. Scary? Not a chance.

Then again, there's a limit, as Carmack says "It's a game".

---

Anyway, about the locational damage stuff you're talking about, while there's no game with something as complex as SoF II, just by having a skeletal animation system working on you can AT LEAST trigger different damage values and/or pain animations with bone targeting.

Yeah how fun is it to see the same move all over again?I hope they have at least 15 moves when they get hit!like if they get shoot in da foot (blast there foot of)it has to crawl ^^^^!I hope i can blast the ass of my favorite demon (Cyber Demon)....

Shouldn't be too hard with a RAM conservative system and a proffessional animator like Nilsson.

Just imagine how stupid would look real-life people running at 90 km/h, jumping like idiots and firing rocket-launchers all the friggin time.

It´s a first person shooter and it´s single player. It wouldn´t look funny if you run arround fast and jump like an idiot, because you can´t see it.

It´s a first person shooter and it´s single player. It wouldn´t look funny if you run arround fast and jump like an idiot, because you can´t see it.

Haha. Very funny.

You know what I'm talking about. Besides, DooM's gonna have multiplayer. It's official.

Yes of course :) But what I want to say is: if there is no real reason to make the new Doom a slow dumbass game, they should make it a fast and furious action game. It´s the old discussion, realism vs. fun gameplay, how to find a good balance.

A possible 3rd-person view option, like Archvile46 mentioned, for a game that is intended to be a 1st-person shooter, is no reason to make the whole damn game slow like a grandpa!
But unfortunately you´re right with multiplayer :( It would feel wrong if you would have different player speeds in SP and MP. Hmmm...what is realistic speed? Also jumping...if it´s cool to have unbeleavable jumps and stunts in martial art movies for example, then why not having it in a game? Those movies look realistic, the new Doom engine looks realistic too. I think a smooth animated player model wouldn´t look stupid while running and jumping faster and higher than a real world person.

I think if you need it to be realistic, every inch of the bullet shoots on the demon's skin or even inner have to have some injured effects on the demon, such as bleeding, stitches appear, body turns into gut or dust flowing in the air......etc

Realistic in what sense? Looks or gameplay?

And what does "scary" means?

If I had to choose a "scary" game in the gameplay department, I'll had to choose Robinson Requiem. Now THAT's a game where you're 130% of the time VERY nervous.

If you mean "scary" as "jumping monster grabs your face" kind of games...well, I guess System Shock II goes there. True, the graphics weren't realistic at all, but given today's crazy technology curve, "jumping creatures" don't work anymore. The next thing is, of course, dynamic shadows.