• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DaJuice

Best Movie Shoot-outs

Just off the top of the noggin'

Heat - the bank robbery scene
The Devil's Own - The very beginning of the film
Air Force One - Also the beginning, where the special ops guys parachute in and start picking of guards with their pistols in mid-flight.

I like the shootout in the end of the Matrix. I thought that it was cool when Neo is doging the shogun slugs.

Also... Kerry rules

DJ_Haruko said:

Opening scene of Saving Private Ryan

That one, and the one in the Matrix where Trinity and Neo enter the building to get Morpheus.

Any shootout involving the use of a minigun - so far, Predator, Terminator and the Matrix are the proud owners of such shootouts :-P

Hard Boiled
As Ryback said, all the shootouts are awesome, but my favorite one in that movie is the Tea House shootout.

Battle Royale
The Lighthouse shootout. It seemed to be the only scene in the movie that had the most gunfire or something...

Matrix Revolutions had a nice fight at the end.
I'd say desperado, all of it.
Also, Face Off, Paltoon, Saving Private Ryan and Black hawk down

DaJuice said:

Heat - the bank robbery scene

Heh, that popped into my head when I read the thread topic :P I bought the DVD of that movie a few weeks ago, really great movie. The DVD sucked though, feature-wise.

The alternate ending of Army of darkness... Ash killes a zombie with something like 20 shotgun blasts without reloading even ONCE.

Uncle 80 said:

The alternate ending of Army of darkness... Ash killes a zombie with something like 20 shotgun blasts without reloading even ONCE.

Sweet... how could I forget that one

Western shootouts rule...

Recent good ones are found in Young Guns, and Young Guns 2...

Of course the Spaghetti Westerns contain loads of good shootouts.. especially "Once Upon a Time In the West" (you have to love that opening sequence!) and "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

The only ones I can recall at the moment are the Matrix lobby shootout and the final part of Scarface ("Say hello to my little friend!") Edit: And Omaha beach in SPR... though it's not as much of a shootout as it is a massacre.

I'll have to go back and watch all my old movies, cause it's a shame I can't remember any more memorable ones.

Edit: Hey wow, 250th post. I finally made it.

darknation said:

Desperado - all of it. But the Rocket Launcher in the Gutiar Case in particular.

Seen El Mariachi? That's got some really amazing stuff considering the whole movie was made for 5000 bucks.

the one that initially comes to mind is the final shootout in 'unforgiven'. it's not exhilerating or anything, but boy is it ever fucking miserable.

on a semi-related note, the best FIGHT scene ever is the legendary alleyway battle in 'they live'.

i like the shootouts in cowboy bebop.

bonie and clyde was pretty gangsta. the shot up them mofos like 50 cent was pissed.

Hard Boiled - hospital shootout
Leon: The Professional - ending battle ("Get me EVERYBODY!" - Gary Oldman)

pregnant with worms said:

the one that initially comes to mind is the final shootout in 'unforgiven'. it's not exhilerating or anything, but boy is it ever fucking miserable.

on a semi-related note, the best FIGHT scene ever is the legendary alleyway battle in 'they live'.

Heh, I agree on both counts. The scene in Unforgiven is pure Eastwood magic. The fight from They Live has gone done in history as one of the most nonsensical and unexpected scenes in movie history. "Just put on the glasses!!"

Ichor said:

That rooftop scene from Naked Gun.

Hahahahaha, yeah, that scene rules, if only for Nordberg's gun.

Zoorado said:

Leon: The Professional - ending battle ("Get me EVERYBODY!" - Gary Oldman)

Jebus Christ, how did I forget about that one. I love that frickin' movie.